I've picked up an active Guitarheads pickup which I am hoping to put in my Ibanez RG550.
I have a few questions:

1. Where is the battery usually placed?
There doesn't seem to be space in the access space for the jack socket.
Under the scratchplate there might be space, but it would be tricky to get to to change that battery.

2. I have got a new tone pot rated at 25k. Do I need to swap the volume pot for 25k as well?

3. The tone capacitor is recommended to be 0.04uF or 0.1uF. The one currently on is labelled 223K. I don't even know what that means on a capacitor! Should I change it?

4. I need a stereo jack socket. I don't know whether the socket on there is mono or stereo. Anyone know? Or is there a way to tell or find out?

Thanks.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
1. Within the routing under the pickguard. You could route out a battery pack in the body of the guitar but IMO I prefer my guitars without them. It's a pain in the ass to change them but meh small price to pay really

2. Yes both pots need to be 25K

3. Ermm not too sure

4. If your RG550 still has stock passive pickups then it will be a mono.
I'd just avoid using actives. If the RG in question didn't have a scratch-plate then you'd be able to fit it into the control cavity easily while retaining easy access. As is, it'll be a pain to change that battery.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Actually, having read the EMG faqs, it seems that one 9V battery should last months and months so I can live with that.

There seems to be a bit on an anti-active slant on UG at the moment - every question about EMGs or actives gets the response "don't bother"

Thanks azn - useful!

Annoying, that they sent two 25k pots with the pickup but they are about 5mm longer than the current ones. I can fit a washer behind them so the knobs don't stand out from the scratchplate too much but I need to go buy washers

Looking again at the jack socket - it is a long one. Looks like this one. Which is stereo. And I think I can see three tabs but will take a closer look later.

Thanks again.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha