flea doesn't double thump and he uses a flat hand mute. It seems he plays thumb down and well just really fast
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
thats what I meant actually, hitting down with the thumb twice but quickly so its like at the speed you would use if you were using a single hit, but double. I think you have to use the rebound you get from pulling the string or something.
Quote by Wallygator56
thats what I meant actually, hitting down with the thumb twice but quickly so its like at the speed you would use if you were using a single hit, but double. I think you have to use the rebound you get from pulling the string or something.

it's an easy technique if you play thumb down, just takes a little practice. i know from his style that he uses hammer-ons and pull-offs quite a bit. it's a triple slap-pop that i'm hearing in that video
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
its a pretty easy style of slap once you get it down. but the thumb down technique helps a lot. not so much with slower thumps, but for this learn it.
Through most of it he's using a pattern of Slap-hammer-slap-pop-slap with some variations. It's a pretty easy pattern once you get the hang of it.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII