im buying a new guitar soon, and my two top choices are an Ibanez RG5EX1 and a used ESP LTD KH-202. unfortunately im left handed and lefties are kinda hard to come by so these are the best guitars i thought i could find in the 400-500$ price range. i just wanted to ask which of the two you guys thought was better. or if you had any other suggestions. thnks
I'd get the Ibanez. The low end LTDs aren't all that great, especially a low end signature. I wasn't impressed with the two KH202s I've played.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Out of those 2 I would go for the ibanez. That esp isnt that good and that your just paying for Kirks Sig.
ibanez
low end LTD's suck
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Ibanez, I found my £500 S series much more "alive" than a grands worth of Eclipse II, so Ibanez all the way.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1192.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/seg1stdbklh.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/wrl590left.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000bkleft.html

The 1st 3 are so deep in your budget you could change the pickups and you would have a badass guitar. Dont bring the hate. Those guitars are great for the money.

Other Lefties: http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html
Ibanezzzz
Current Gear:
2010 American Fender Stratocaster Deluxe White
Oakridge Resonator
Maton Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic

Peavey Envoy 110(40 watt)
They are good man. Yeah i know the site looks low budget and shit lol, but you get decent guitars for the money and if you buy one of those SXs you can just put new pickups in there and you will have a great guitar for a lower price than both the Ibanez and ESP LTD. Your a lefty man I dont think you have much options, and even if they dont feel good Kurt(rondo music owner) will refund your money, no problem.
If you go used you can get a pretty decent guitar in that price range.

I paid $350 for my lefty Schecter Hellraiser C1 and it came with a hardshell case too.

Keep an eye on Craigslist and ebay and something that interests you is bound to come up.
Ibanez ftw.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I'm a lefty and I play right handed guitar. IMO right handed is better for lefties because the left hand does all the fret work.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Take the Ibanez, please.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
I'd go Ibanez. Agiles are great guitars, don't know a damn thing about Douglas or SX but I've heard a few horror stories, and the LTD KH-202 is not a bad guitar mind you, but go ibanez.

I've got an ibanez rg2ex1 in white, and I've found almost all RG's to be the same. Aside from varying pickups (which if they're IBZ made they all sound the same to me) and trem / hardtail, they only vary in minute specific preferences. I'm happy with my rg, so I'm shooting for the KH-202.

I've got a Jackson RR3 crimson swirl, RG2EX2 white, Agile AL-3000 tribal blue, Dean Dime-O-Flauge, Ibanez GRG170DX red, and a BC Rich Avenge Son Of Beast.

Hoping to add a KH-202 and BC Rich Mockingbird ST in the near future. I'm a collector of sorts. Desperately hoping for a new amp this X-mas though >_>
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by chickensauce69
but like i said, im left handed so that just screws up the whole thing.

I'm a lefty aswell and your right theirs not a whole lot out there for us south paws to choose from.I tried the kh 202 and wasn't inpressed at all,felt very cheap and sounded like crap aswell.I tried a Rg5ex1 and really liked the guitar,only thing I didn't like was the silver finish.The thing was great other than the paint job,much better than the kh202 for sure.They had a Rg370dxl that I tried and ended up getting,it's basically the same guitar but it was in satin black so I went with it.The 370 replaced the 5ex1 so there basically the same but the 5ex1 is discontinued.

The 370 is great it has the wizzard neck which is very fast playing,and very comfy once you get used to it.The edge3 trem is also very good if your set up is good,mine stays in tune very well.Tuners are good,electronics are good for a stock guitar but pickups could be better but for the money it's a very solid guitar.With some better pups this is a real winner and hard to beat.Go for the Ibanez for sure.

Look here for some good lefty options,they ship fast and have very friendly staff aswell.Good luck in whatever you choose.
http://adirondackguitar.com/lefty/LHMenu.htm
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
you should get the ibanez
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Last edited by bluechikkens777 at Dec 14, 2009,
In your case, Ibanez. Best superstrats imo. I love the eclipse and the viper tho.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by chickensauce69
what does IMO stand for? sorry im a noob
imo = in my opinion
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I'd save for a better LTD.

EDIT: The 5ex1 is pretty good,
But my vote is still for the better LTD.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Last edited by AustinxAtomic at Dec 15, 2009,