Hi,

I want to learn how to play blues and I was wondering if anyone could suggest which scales to learn to start with and maybe some easy to intermediate songs that are fun to play.

Thanks
Learn the Pentatonic Scale and the Blues Scale. Learn the 12 bar blues.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

This and you're done. They are simple scales you just got to learn them and then play with them for a long time. Best of luck with that
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by rockingamer2

this.

as for songs to learn, hendrix's Red house is in B minor and is based on the 12 bar blues. SRV's Cold Shot is pretty easy, it's loosely in Am and though it's not in the 12 bar form it still just revolves around the A, D, and E
Listen , Listen . and Listen more to Blues . All Blues from all decades from the 1920's to present , Listen !

Hurricane Ramon
Quote by The4thHorsemen
..SRV's Cold Shot is pretty easy, it's loosely in Am and though it's not in the 12 bar form it still just revolves around the A, D, and E

I find the strumming in that song one of the hardest I ever tried. I don't understand how you make it out to be easy. Good for you though. I still have a hard time making it sound clean when trying to mute all the strings but one, and trying to get that nice vibrato on that 1 open note.
Once you've got a bit of blues going for you. You could try improvising the solo to Cocaine - Eric clapton. Or you could get some licks and try and incorporate them into your playing.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by teh_radio
Hi,

I want to learn how to play blues and I was wondering if anyone could suggest which scales to learn to start with and maybe some easy to intermediate songs that are fun to play.

Thanks

Getting down the 1-4-5 stone cold is a must. For scales the ones already mentioned would be a good start.