So, yes. I'm looking for an angled-front 2x12 cabinet, as the title states. I'm having bad luck finding anything much of what I'm looking for.

I like to be able to hear what I'm playing, which is why I love my 4x12 slant cab so much. But, unfortunately, a 4x12 is obviously too damn big to take to a college dorm with me. So I want to downsize to a 2x12.

I can't find any 2x12s that are seriously angled, though, lots of cabs have very slight angles, like the Avatar Vintage 2x12 (which is my main option right now) and some Marshall 2x12s. But I'm looking for something that's dramatically angled, basically like the top half of a slant 4x12. The only one I can find is the Lopoline 2x12 Slant, which is sufficiently angled, but it's a really small cab (27"W x 14.5"H) and I'm afraid it's not going to have enough "oomph" to fill a room.

Am I out of luck here, or does anyone know of a place I can get a good slant 2x12?
You could always get an angled stand.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You could always get an angled stand.
I considered that, but I realized, it'd be awfully sketchy to try and put a head on top of a cabinet that's leaning back like that. :\
Keep the head on the floor or a chair or something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Keep the head on the floor or a chair or something.
I'm gonna be gigging with this cab and I'd like to keep it simple, I suppose this is an option though.

What I REALLY need is one of those fancypants Mesa vertical 2x12s. They're so expensive and heavy, though x_x Anyone know where I can get a cab in that style for a little less money, as well?
i know ENGL does a slanted 2x12 cab. it stands upright.

i've never seen it in person so i don't know how well a head would sit on it.

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i know ENGL does a slanted 2x12 cab. it stands upright.

i've never seen it in person so i don't know how well a head would sit on it.

I did see this, yeah, awfully pricey though. It's an option *shrug*
Why would you need an angled 2x12?
Would you bend the speakers? Or what?
Most of the vertical 2x12 i've seen, as posted,
are too thin to hold a head (that isn't specifically
for it). You could build one?
If your cool and have a Mark series head you can just turn your cab on its side and your head will still fit on it.

The cab stand I have will go either angled or just straight. Straight doesn't benefit as much as angled, but it still brings it off the ground a couple feet, which is enough to hear it.
/rig
EVA do a 2x12 angled cab for about £400
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I appreciate what you're trying to achieve but I think you're making this harder than it needs to be. That and I think you want as much interior volume in a 212 as you can get, at least I do. I would forget the slant cab and buy one of those folding keyboard stands. They are designed to hold heavy boards, they don't cost much, they're flat on top so your head won't slide off and you can get your cab as high in the air as you need so you can hear it. I suppose you could buy an angled stage monitor and fill it with Celestions but I'm not sure it would sound very good.
rivera and carvin both make versions.

rivera, slanted in the frame
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/msg/1497865950.html

carvin up and down,
http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/95-ampstacks.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 13, 2009,
I'm new here (today in fact). I am currently using a lopo line 2x12 slant cab loaded with G12T-75's. I Promise it will "fill up a room". I'm using mine as a floor monitor (on one of those small ultimate amp stands) with my head behind me- JVM410H. Working great for me but I would really like to have an actual 2x12 monitor cab for the lower profile on stage. Lopo will make one, but it would be a custom build and wouldn't qualify for any discounts, so I'm looking around. They do however make a stock 2x12 vertical.
You might not like this option as it's going to be expensive, but if I wanted a slant 2x12, I'd get this...

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Marshall-Style/Marshall-Style-2x12-Slant

mojo cabinets are the shit. but they're also pricey as hell and they don't come loaded with speakers. But regardless, a head, depending on the size, can fit on top of that very well (its a diagonal 2x12)