Ive been digging that valvepower 18W, sounds really good from what i could find.
Comes at 300 GBP. Have some questions about it? Will it sound good at low volumes? If not can it handle an OD pedal well to play it at low volume?

Im looking for a JCM 800 or slash tone and the valvepower nails it pretty nice.
I am playing rock ,mainly GnR.
Could the Blackstar do the same tone aswell?
I like the Blackstar better just becouse it comes at around the same price but with a cab and is versitile,can play it at low levels.

Could you help me out with the choice.
Ty
Low volumes for me is room practicing - speaking volume or something a bit higher.
Could i get the slashs tone with only a gain settings on the amp? Would i be able to have good overdrive sound at low volumes aswell?
Yeah well i mostly play at nights when im home. So i can play it at shouting volume at most then not to wake my gf :/
But have you got to experiance the valvepower ,do you think it will do at low volume?

And if you can answer me, can i get the ~ same tone more or less with blackstar ht 5 ?
You have another thread on this, you don't need two of 'em damnit. Anyways, there are a hell of a lot of opinions in THAT thread, why make another?
*Reported*

Anyways, Valvepower, for the reasons already given there. However, I still think a Class 5 + OD would do better than either.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Seriously....................two threads just to not listen to anyone????
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
2 threads about the same stuff.

Get the Class 5 and the OD pedal, the Class 5 has a headphone jack.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i've got a valvepower. i haven't tried the ht5, though. from everything i've heard, i expect the ht5 will be more versatile, but the vp will have better and more vintage-voiced tone. the vp sounds good at low volumes, the powerscaling/vvvr sees to that. it does sound better at slightly higher than tv volumes, of course, but most amps are like that, and i assume the ht5 would be similar. you can get overdrive with the VP at low volumes, don't worry.

i don't think i've actually tried a jcm800, but i have a fair idea of what its tone would be like, based on all the records etc. i've listened to which were recorded with one. I think the VP would be a bit more vintage in tone than a jcm800. if you're willing to use a boost, it'd probably hit g n r, i'd have thought.

i don't know about the class 5- i haven't tried it, either, but it's 5 watts without a master volume or power scaling. that's going to be a lot louder than the valvepower before you get overdrive, if it's like any other 5 watter i've tried, at least.

EDIT: I just noticed from your other thread that you're in the USA (or at least, somewhere which uses dollars). if you're not in europe, there might be better, homegrown options. postage is going to be a killer. not to mention, it's going to be the wrong voltage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 13, 2009,