hey guys i just have a quick one minute song idea i wrote around a week ago. I wrote it as kind of a hard hitting song, think LOG. Im using Guitar rig 3 for guitar and bass tones (i dont really like it but hopefully for chirstmas ill have a pod x3 ) Im using SD2.0 with the metal foundry expansion for drums. I used the master of justice (i think) preset and edited it a bit. so tell me what you guys think of the drums and the song. (i know the tones arent great, but its the best i can do with GR) guitar tuned open C major (CGCGCE)

song in my soundclick, link in signature.
www.soundclick.com/strayingminds
i don't know if it was a latency problem or you but it didn't seem like the guitar matched the drum beats very well. the beginning is kinda generic sounding, the bass thing was kinda neat though. guitar tone was very buzzy sounding less distortion will fix that. the basic idea is worth persuing just needs some tweaking.

my stuff is in my profile.
Quote by monwobobbo
i don't know if it was a latency problem or you but it didn't seem like the guitar matched the drum beats very well. the beginning is kinda generic sounding, the bass thing was kinda neat though. guitar tone was very buzzy sounding less distortion will fix that. the basic idea is worth persuing just needs some tweaking.

my stuff is in my profile.

yea i just lowered the presense on the guitars and it sounds a lot better. I also need to re-record to be more clean. also i dont want to sound concieted but im pretty sure my parts arent majorly out of time. If you follow the kick drum you see its a weird-ish rhythm.

I listened to your song life-force and it was pretty good. one thing though is that i dont like my bass panned at all, and you ahd your bass and your guitar panned left, leaving the right empty a good portion of the time. Your solos arent planned but you can clearly tell their improvised, you might want to come up with a small idea then improvise on that small idea to give a small sense of order.
ok gave it another listen and the guitars do sound somewhat better. i guess the rather quirky pattern you use in the second half of the song is what throws me off.

thanx for your comments on lifeforce. the original master has guitar on left bass on right but for some reason when it got uploaded both ended up on left i just never really noticed (oops). as for the solos being totally improvised thats not the case. there are parts that were but others did have a framework already worked out.
Quote by v2a2n2g2
That's a really great mix! I've been hearing that Guitar Rig sounds like crap but it sounds really good. I think that little breakdown is a little off time but it kinda sounds cool that way.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244557

thanks bro! im listening to your song now and ill post a comment on your thread.

as for my song The end part isn't very tight, as i need to re-record the guitar parts. Allthough guitar rig doesnt sound *bad* i dont like it much, and im planning on get a pod x3. The tones with pod are infintely times better than guitar rig 3. This was mainly as a test for the drums, I was going for a really processed compressed metal kit, and i think i kinda got it.
Really nice, i actually liked the bass lines...
There are some parts that the guitar gets out of time, but not too much...
This works well as the beginning of a song, make it longer
I think the tone of the guitar is fine, and what did you use for drums? are they real?
to logan 91: thanks for the crit. This is jsut the beggining of the song. I mainly did this as a test for drums. The drums arent "real." I used SD2.0 with the metal foundry add on and one of the presets, which i edited.

xhellbound: the bass part in the middle is actually quite easy. its just some easy tapping Allthough the opening riff is slightly generic, i was going for a simple hard-hitting song. with vocals matching that rhythm itd be really heavy, but ill prob expand apon it a bit, as it is just a rough draft. im going to go crit yours now.
First off the production sound on this is really really good. As a song it is pretty cool. The first riff is pretty standard though and doesn't strike me as enything special. I think with some good vocals on top of it it would really take shape though. I think my favourite thing about this was definitely the bass! Nice work- turn it into a full length song and put some vocals on it.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244823
Quote by Richo1985
First off the production sound on this is really really good. As a song it is pretty cool. The first riff is pretty standard though and doesn't strike me as enything special. I think with some good vocals on top of it it would really take shape though. I think my favourite thing about this was definitely the bass! Nice work- turn it into a full length song and put some vocals on it.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244823

yea the begining i specifically wrote thinking about some vocals thrown over it. (think meshuggah or LOG style) Although i belive my mixes have been imporving, i still get that slightly amateur sound. im hoping with my pod x3 ill be able to get some better tones and over time my skills will increase.