http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-AJ-200SCE-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-100375834-i1150009.gc

My birthday is right around Christmas, so my parents usually combine my gifts from both of them to get me something supercool instead of some smaller things. So here's the deal. I figure that at some point in my life, I will own a nice acoustic, a nice solid-body electric, a nice semi-hollow electric, and a nice bass.

- I have an Epiphone Les Paul and a Gibson SG, so I'm set for solid-body electrics
- I have a Rogue LX200B bass, which is a piece of junk.
- I have some acoustic Austin that I got when I was 12. It's alright, but I really like acoustic music and would like to get an acoustic electric.
- I have no semi-hollows.

So when my dad asked what I wanted for Christmas/birthday, I basically said "a guitar that isn't a solidbody, surprise me." So it'll either be a bass, acoustic or semi.

My question is, is the guitar I posted the link to a good acoustic-electric? I mean, my parents aren't like, super rich, so I'm not looking for some Taylor or Martin that will last me my whole life, I'm looking for a nice guitar that is in the 300-400 range. I do like Epiphone, but I don't know about their acoustics.
Last edited by santa_man99 at Dec 13, 2009,
Looking at the specs, it seems decent.

Also look at Recording King, Walden, Seagull, and Yamaha for your price range.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Epiphone Masterbilts are an incredible value. Check those out, and the also have some pretty interesting aesthetic features. And they sound great...

James
You could also look at installing electronics into your acoustic OR just putting a mic in front of the guitar if you plan on playing somewhere.
But yeah, seagull is a nice guitar in that range.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
WHo cares what it looks like or the cost for me it is what it plays like No1 how it sounds No2 how easy it is for my hands to play it. I.E. the fretboard radius (that suits my hand), action height, ease of movement up & down the neck. Basically its playability for me
Any brand so long as it suits you (which is a bit hard to do on an unseen untried present) why not get a store voucher , or go with the oldies to look at guitars , explain your needs & see what you can come up with.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I have a Freshman FA 1 jumbo acoustic its a beauty with a wonderful tone, it cost me £240
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!