hi. I have a squier strat and when I got it I blocked the trem because I had no use for it. but today I tried to remove it again because I want to try using it.

the thing I noticed is that my guitar tone got so much clearer and brighter.
almost like the change from really old strings to brand new ones.

I wonder why, because I thought that since there was more contact between the bridge and the body the body would resonate more and therefore sound better.

I hope someone has a good explanation for this because it really screwed my mind up regarding tone.
Brighter, and more resonance aren't the same thing. And for some people more body resonance wouldn't sound better. Its all relative.
where abouts did you block it?
Quote by kurdtkobaign

On the other hand, if your mids are at zero and youre trying for a live gig situation - best of luck. Might as well just get a bass and put fuzz over it.
I know its not the same thing but I'm not very good at english
so it's very hard explaining things some times. but what I mean is that it
sounds like I have changed the strings of my guitar from really old ones to really new ones,
and I want to know why.
Quote by Ryan-165
where abouts did you block it?

between the trem block and the body. with a wood piece of some kind
yeah i get what you mean. i think because theres no more contact between the inside of the bridge and the body anymore. not too sure though, ive never done that before
maybe. I'm no guitar expert so I hope someone who is discovers this thread and answers
because these things really interests me and I want to know more about it.

but it's a good suggestion though.
Quote by supersac
maybe the block didnt allow for the body to vibrate as well

Or damped/attenuated sustain block on the bridge
Quote by jinjan29
Brighter, and more resonance aren't the same thing. And for some people more body resonance wouldn't sound better. Its all relative.

yup. there are a lot of things which supposedly all sound "better", and if you ask me, at best they sound different. A lot of them sound worse, in my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?