I really want to start recording, and getting some experience on how to mix, use EQ's, compression, all that stuff.

My computer has XP isntalled on it, recommend me a good interface with at least two audio inputs.
E-mu 0404 is a good option. Does the price include mics? What will you be recording?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
alesis multimix usb. come in 4, 8, and mayb 12 or 16
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
id probably go with a m-audio fast track pro with a budget of $200. pretty good preamps and some nice features like MIDI. that and the EMU 0404 are the two things i would start your search with. seem to be the best quality with features at that price point IMO.
Quote by jof1029
id probably go with a m-audio fast track pro with a budget of $200. pretty good preamps and some nice features like MIDI. that and the EMU 0404 are the two things i would start your search with. seem to be the best quality with features at that price point IMO.

This.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by jof1029

That

Or the M-Audio Fast Track 2 which includes Pro Tools M-Powered: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Fast-Track-MKII-USB-Interface?sku=703669
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp