I think its pretty interesting when a band creates an entire album from a story, etc.
Like weezer's pinkerton, and the japanese culture. and ozma's doubble donkey disc, and russia.

What do you guys think of these kinds of albums?
or, Green Day -> American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown

These example show concept albums aren't always the best way to go... i was disappointed by these =[
not so sure about Pinkerton, just a lot of the songs on there were salvaged from the aborted songs from the black hole and put on there in no real order.
Alice Cooper's newest one, 'Along Came A Spider'. Fictional story but good album nonetheless.
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
Rhapsody have five albums that tell one fantasy story? Does that count?
everything by amon amarth is about vikings... yes?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Hospice by The Antlers
The hazards of love by The Decemberists
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Queensriche - Operation Mind Crime
Mastadon - Crack the Skye
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Dream theater - Scenes from a Memory
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

What about that mind control album or something, based on 1984 (the book)?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by cwl
I think its pretty interesting when a band creates an entire album from a story, etc.
Like weezer's pinkerton, and the japanese culture. and ozma's doubble donkey disc, and russia.

What do you guys think of these kinds of albums?

Totally unrelated...but since you sigged me I might as well answer you.

The Blind Deaf and Mute like Anne Frank thing is from the movie Clerks 2...I didn't think no one would get it
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
In Absentia.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Opeth - Still Life, based a short story Mikael Akerfeldt wrote
Opeth - Ghost Reveries, about Satanism, vaguely
Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse, about a ghost haunting his loved one, and also the seasons
Mastodon - Leviathan, about Moby Dick
Mastodon - Crack The Skye, about a paraplegic meeting Rasputin in space
Mastodon - Blood Mountain, about a dude climbing a mountain and meeting funny animals
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black, about a dude losing his girlfriend to a cult and going insane
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient, about a Starbucks employee thinking about an alien
Every Mars Volta album - I don't fucking know.
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet, about those damn kids with their mary-joo-anah and their X games boxes
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, about a ghost story or something.

They are the concept albums I know of.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Genesis-The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway very complex story way to complex to for anyone to really care still an amazing album
The Crane Wife by the Decemberists

"It's a story about a peasant in rural Japan who finds a wounded crane on an evening walk; there's an arrow in its wing. He revives the crane and the crane flies away. A couple days later, a mysterious woman shows up at his door and he takes her in. Eventually they fall in love and get married. But they're very poor, so she suggests that she start weaving this cloth which he can in turn sell at the market—the condition being that when she's weaving it, she has to do it behind closed doors and he can't look in. So this goes on for a while and they actually become kind of wealthy. But eventually, his curiosity gets the best of him and he looks in at her while she's weaving and it turns out that she's a crane and she's been pulling feathers from her wings and putting it into the cloth, which is what makes it so beautiful. But him having seen her breaks the spell, and she turns back into a crane and flies away. That's the end."[2]"