Hi all,

Recently, I received a Martin 000-Cutaway from my uncle. It is a kit, and I do not have the time, tools, or patience to build it. I called Martin to see if they would put it together. They won't. I live in the Pittsburgh area. How do I find someone that will build it for me?

Thanks!
It's a matter of finding someone willing to do it for a reasonable price. Too many local luthiers are not willing to spend the time on it.
Do you know anyone who has any woodworking experience/tools? If so, I'd give them a ring and see what they can do. If it's a kit, I would imagine it wouldn't require too much woodworking experience as compared to building one from scratch.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
I would imagine it wouldn't require too much woodworking experience as compared to building one from scratch.

+1. i've heard these are much more likely to turn out well if you do have woodworking experience, but martin has to know some people are just going to buy a kit because they want a cool building experience. i'd try the kit myself, maybe with some assistance from a friend or family member with some woodworking experience.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I just finished building a Martin HD-28. To hire someone to build it would probably cost you more than just going out and buying the guitar. You can buy a kit for under $500. If you have the time it would take you a minimum of a Month to finish it if you've done one before. In my case it took 5 months because I didn't have all the tools. I would start. Find out I needed this tool then order it and wait. Then go until I found I needed another tool then buy it and wait. I probably have a little more in tools that I have in the guitar.

If you need help building it check out Blues Creek guitars. John is in Pennsylvania and gives classes or could probably work something out with you. Or you can just sell it. I would be interested for the right price.
Quote by ricenoodles
If you do build it, make sure to use hide glue.

Titebond works as well for many parts required for gluing and is much easier for somebody with little woodworking experience to use with success.
we use titebond original - works great. i hear lmi's white glue is also good.

Quote by soundjam
Titebond works as well for many parts required for gluing and is much easier for somebody with little woodworking experience to use with success.