hi,
my brother plays a wide variety of music, from eric clapton to metallica. he has been looking at the Boss ME-70, ZOOM G7.1UT and the Line 6 floor pod plus and hes not sure which one to go for? the line 6 is a good £60 cheaper than the other 2 but are they really that much better?

hes got an orange TT amp and an ESP guitar with EMG's (cant remember what its called).

thanks.
Last edited by rock rocks at Dec 13, 2009,
Honestly, he should decide what effects he absolutely needs, and then buy single pedals. All 3 of those will suck a lot of tone from the Tiny Terror.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by Phat Stud 55
The Zoom G7 has actual tubes in it. Nothing compares to tubes.

Just no...
Hybrid technology is the biggest scam ever. It makes little to no difference putting tubes in with solidstate or modeling technology.

To TS: your brother may like an overdrive to push his tiny terror a bit harder for a little more gain and tightness. Perhaps a little bit of delay and depending on which era metallica he likes, a wah.

Get him to have a listen to some of those types of pedals and see what he likes.
Depending on which ones he thinks suit his sound, come back and we'll give specif model recommendations.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Phat Stud 55
The Zoom G7 has actual tubes in it. Nothing compares to tubes.

TS, the suggestions in here are the best ones decide what he needs and get that. A boost/OD of some kind to get up to Metal will probably be needed as a definate.

A good old Tubescreamer should do it (a bad monkey if he's on a budget)
But if he doesn't like the sound of that there are a few options.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

oh, so it doesnt sound like its a good idea to get one of these multi effects pedals. if they are so rubbish compared to single pedals then why are they even being made? unless its just the price cause this will be cheaper than buying a load of single pedals....
Last edited by rock rocks at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by rock rocks
oh, so it doesnt sound like its a good idea to get one of these multi effects pedals. if they are so rubbish compared to single pedals then why are they even being made? unless its just the price cause this will be cheaper than buying a load of single pedals....

Not rubbish but not as good, generally, as individual pedals. But consider this. I play a song with an almost acoustic guitar sound on the verses and choruses. Between two choruses it has a strong slightly driven lead break with high mids. At the end it gets a load of distortion and wah but finishes with a single clean harmonic chord. To do that with regular pedals is a pain and involves compromise and a tap dance at critical times. With my MFX set with the clean between the two other sounds, I can just step up or down a preset and I have it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x