ok so my brother boght a bass yesterday, i play guitar for 1 1/5 years and i can play bass way better than him and know how the bass works and all that things so i cant teach him something until he finds a teacher.
but do you know any easy songs he can learn?? he likes anything that is rock, the popular one, 80's 90's, metal too, whatever, the thing is to give something in what he can work at the moment.
note: i told him to do digitation, to plactise the 2 fingers movement and all that things.
oooh, he is left handed but plays it as a right handed and doesnt seems to have problems with that, and he has long nails in both hands, is that ok?? i think no, i mean, long nails are good for guitarrits, but i dont have them long and when i play bass i sound better than him, any advise??
cheers, christian!
Beatles. Metallica and Megadeth have good basslines too, but a lot harder.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Check out the stickies at the top of the forum, there is a Songs you need to learn thread, and have him check out some of the songs rated as "easy." The songs are popular songs listed in groups according to genre, and have their difficulty listed next to them.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Tell him the good old phrase 'practice makes perfect'.
The only way to become good at something is to work at it, hard.
Also make sure he learns his theory early if he wants to be taken seriously as a musician.
Alot of people just learn songs from tabs and don't get any real benefit from it.
Tell him the good old phrase 'practice makes perfect'.
The only way to become good at something is to work at it, hard.
Also make sure he learns his theory early if he wants to be taken seriously as a musician.
Alot of people just learn songs from tabs and don't get any real benefit from it.

he wont be a muscician, just for fun like me
studybass.com

and the foo fighters have some simple quarter and 8th note lines if i remember correctly
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Money, Another One Bites the Dust, Good Times, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Bombtrack. Those were the only 5 songs I knew for a while. The last two are more advanced for sure but it's great for developing technique and such. Check out that sticky.
show him root and fifth, octaves, eighth notes on the root, arpeggios, things like that. that way he can start making his own. And don't say he won't be a musician, you don't know that.

and feel good inc is really easy and really fun to play.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I hope your 12, because that would be the only acceptable excuse for your atrocious grammar.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Quote by FrankieHCO
I hope your 12, because that would be the only acceptable excuse for your atrocious grammar.

^ While that may be a good point, it was SO bad that I actually assumed english wasn't his native language, in which case that's a bit harsh of you. Also, when criticising someone's grammar it's a good idea to understand the difference between your and you're. If english is his first language then please continue to rip him a new one.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Last edited by cm261 at Dec 14, 2009,

ajjajajajaj ooohhh shit ajaj!!!
well im from argentina but i thought my eanglish was very good! ****!! ajjajaja
sorry for my grammar, mmmmm correct me, im going to do the first certificate exam next year so please correct me
Quote by cm261
^ While that may be a good point, it was SO bad that I actually assumed english wasn't his native language, in which case that's a bit harsh of you. Also, when criticising someone's grammar it's a good idea to understand the difference between your and you're. If english is his first language then please continue to rip him a new one.

Shit! I was worried i'd do that. Oh well, it was 8 in the morning and I had just killed a man, so my mind was occupied.

(reenactment)
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

Quote by sg255
Tom Sawyer by Rush is a great song that's easy to learn and remember. The "solo" might give him a little trouble... but he should be fine...

Greenday
Linkin Park (Really good beginner stuff. Have him learn Hybrid Theory)
Nickelback
Blink 182 (I hate them... but if he likes them... it's good beginner stuff)
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
I do not recommend any of the crappy bands Jasonbts has supplied.

If your looking to be original, stay away from classic, alternative and new rock.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
Quote by FrankieHCO
Shit! I was worried i'd do that.

Quote by FrankieHCO
I do not recommend any of the crappy bands Jasonbts has supplied.

If your looking to be original, stay away from classic, alternative and new rock.

Damn, you're on a roll huh? Just because you don't like the music (and neither do I, I might add) doesn't mean that there's nothing to be gained from learning the basslines. They're simple, will give his brother a sense of achivement when he can actually play along to some music (music HE might like as well), and will get him used to playing a bass.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
The 261st one has a good point. One of my favorite basslines that I learned early is Iron Man, but it's not a song nor a band that I really want to listen to very much.

I second, third, whatever number we are on, the stickies. Also, Let Me Stand by Jimi Hendrix.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.