Hey UG was wondering if anyone had one of these Biyang effects and if they sound good. Biyang claims they use high quality components in these things but they are only 55 USD new. So the red flag goes up immediately. But then again some companies sale their wares at an introductory price to get it on the market. Anyway if you have any info about these things let me know
Thanks
Yep I've got one. True bypass. Repeats are nice and warm. Oscillation is not to my taste, but apart from that, I've got no complaints. And from what I've heard, it's not PROPER analog, but it does a damn good job of emulating an analog delay.

EDIT:

And by nice and warm, think Blue Powder (by Steve Vai) delay. Not too clear, not too fuzzy. Just right.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
And from what I've heard, it's not PROPER analog, but it does a damn good job of emulating an analog delay.

I've heard that, too.

I don't have the delay, but I've got the overdrive, fuzz, and phaser. they actually sound really good, but if mine were anything to go by, the reliability is a bit dodgy. out of my 3, the fuzz broke and had to be sent back for replacement, and the phaser went dodgy for a while, but somehow fixed itself before i got round to sending it back (so i didn't, but still wouldn't want to trust it, kind of thing). If you're buying from a store with a good return policy and/or you're not gigging so don't have to rely on it, it might be worth considering.

tonerider would also be worth a look, a little more expensive (here in the UK, anyway, not sure about the US prices), but as far as i know they don't have the same rep for the dodgy reliability. i've got their chorus, it's very nice, and they've just released an analogue delay (which i haven't tried yet, of course).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haven't tried the delay...but I've had a couple of Biyang pedals in the past. Very well built for the money IMO. I used the Flanger quite a bit when I had it.