Hey guys, I've made some forums in relation to this in the Pit and never got much feedback since I guess I should have been putting them here.

I just finished work on a documentary and I'm looking to see if anyone is willing to donate some of their music. It's a good chance to get your name out there as we will be entering into festivals and you will be credited.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Hey guys, I've made some forums in relation to this in the Pit and never got much feedback since I guess I should have been putting them here.

I just finished work on a documentary and I'm looking to see if anyone is willing to donate some of their music. It's a good chance to get your name out there as we will be entering into festivals and you will be credited.

what kind of music would you want? i can get decent uality recordings now, but by christmas im getting a lot audio equipment and will be abdle to get better results.
Ok well here's the thing. Unfortunately, there isn't really anytime for either of you guys to do something brand new as we are feature locked by 12AM tonight. I've already listened to the MP3's you have on UG right now and although I like what you have, it just doesn't fit what we're looking for.

I need credits music for a documentary revolving around the zombie subculture. The scene the music would be over is back and white super 8 footage of the Toronto Zombie Walk. Now, we were looking for something "celebratory" like as there is a lot of goofing off going on in the video. We were in talks with someone for getting the rights to use Time of the Season by The Zombies but we couldn't quite raise the $750 needed in time.

SO, do you have anything I can listen to that isn't up on UG?

Also, I will be looking for some music fixes possibly after our initial screening before we send it out to festivals so I will keep you guys notified for future projects
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
Give me 2 hours. I'm going to try to make a 'sound alike' of Time of the Season, enough that it doesn't violate copyright, but close enough to sound similar. Granted I should be working on my counterpoint final, but this sounds more fun.

I may end up not doing it, seeing as how school is more important; but I just opened Logic and will see what I can do.

Do you mean this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvddi1gaIOY
Last edited by hollow1928years at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by Brandon860
Ok well here's the thing. Unfortunately, there isn't really anytime for either of you guys to do something brand new as we are feature locked by 12AM tonight. I've already listened to the MP3's you have on UG right now and although I like what you have, it just doesn't fit what we're looking for.

I need credits music for a documentary revolving around the zombie subculture. The scene the music would be over is back and white super 8 footage of the Toronto Zombie Walk. Now, we were looking for something "celebratory" like as there is a lot of goofing off going on in the video. We were in talks with someone for getting the rights to use Time of the Season by The Zombies but we couldn't quite raise the $750 needed in time.

SO, do you have anything I can listen to that isn't up on UG?

Also, I will be looking for some music fixes possibly after our initial screening before we send it out to festivals so I will keep you guys notified for future projects

in my soundclick profile,but unfortunately its all metal. if you need something on future projects i would be more than glad to compose and record. If you dont mind, ill pm you my email, which you can email and pm me if you need somethign for future projects. Ill be willing to do orchestral stuff as im getting a very nice orchestral VST (Vienna Symphonic library, special edition bundle) and sibelius for writing. It'd be cool to get my name out.
It may or may not be what your looking for and I don't have time to do anything new, but you can use the track "Cool Down" in my profile. You could use the other one too, but I'm almost certain that's NOT the style you need.
Quote by hollow1928years
How long do you need this to be?

Between 1:35 and 1:45.
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
No I do not, but we can use the UG Chat or MSN messenger if that's possible?
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Dec 13, 2009,
You can check my stuff out, haha, rather ironic sounding for the flick perhaps. I can make any of the tracks fade out at the time you need, if you like them. Good ol' tom peters probably wouldn't fit, but the other two are pretty funny sounding indie songs that would probably go over quite well. Super into the zombie thing too, so I would love to contribute, if not on this one, you can add me on msn later and I can work on some stuff to your liking. bravo_goku@hotmail.com
Last edited by BlakeAlan at Dec 13, 2009,
Well guys I appreciate everyone's help and interest with this. I am building a library of composers and musicians for future projects so I will keep all your contact info and hit you up if I have something for you. Thanks again,

-Brough
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
So, you going to hook us up with a way to see the film eventually, it sounds stellar. Add me to your friends.. don't be a dick be a dude! haha