what do you call the part on the guitar that you plug the cable into to amplify the thing, i want one for an acoustic guitar, where can i buy one, and what do i need to make it? what is it called?

also, what parts do i need to make i want an equilizer and a 1/4'' jack, but where can i find those? any links would help... or any names.
Fender-Squier strat
Huntington Acoustic
Ibanez SGT122 12 string
Handmade Cajon Drum
Ibanez EW20ANST <-- my baby

Your talking about a pickup?

You can't just install one on your guitar and then it will be electric. You need to wire up an acoustic pickup. I wouldn't recommend you do anything to your guitar when you don't even know what a pickup is called.

EDIT: Why didn't you just post your question in your other thread.
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Dec 13, 2009,