I've been having a really weird buzzing on my Mesa Rectoverb and I can't figure out why. I just swapped the tubes (EL-34s) for some brand new 6L6 Mesa tubes today at practice, and everything is fine on Channel 1, but the overdrive channel (Channel 2) has a really annoying and loud buzzing/humming on it every time I stop playing. The sound itself seems to be fine; that is, I can't find anything wrong with it. I can't remember if I still had this buzzing when the EL-34s were in there but I don't really wanna try. The bias switch is correct. Full gain (I need it for good palm mutes), and no midrange. I change the presence to whatever I feel like at the moment, so it varies. The guitar cord I used was just fine. I'm playing with an Epiphone Les Paul, but my friend who had an ESP MH-1000 with EMG's plugged his in and got the same result: lots of hum/buzz. I can play fine, just, when I stop playing, I get that loud humbuzz. Any solutions to this? Or do my new tubes just need "breaking in"?
many things could be the problem. a simple noise gate might do the trick. there could be a few wires that aren't fully connected. was it re-amped when you put the new tubes in?
Quote by vjferrara
many things could be the problem. a simple noise gate might do the trick. there could be a few wires that aren't fully connected. was it re-amped when you put the new tubes in?

I don't think so; my lead guitarist just bought them for me, took out the old tubes, switched the bias and plugged it in....