K so my bass is kinda due for new strings but I don't know what to get. Right now I have rotos, but I was thinkin of tryin out DR High Beams.

I play mainly Metal (on this bass at least) and Jazz/Funk. I try to go for that trebbly aggressive tone, Kinda like Tony Choy and Alex Webster on TOTM.

Whatcha guys think?
ive had my string for like a year and it still sounds just as good as the day i bought em. im probably just lying to myself cus i dont want to buy a $20 set of strings.
the DR Hi beams feel like sand paper to me and the tone is quite mechanical.

I recommend the Dunlop Stainless Steel strings for bright tone.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
If you are looking for a bright tone, try the Rotosound 66 strings. They are pretty much the standard by which others are measured. I've used a number of DR strings, and they are good strings. But I haven't found them to be so good that it justifies their premium price. Still, others would disagree. The only way to be sure is to try them for yourself.
I played some DRs a while back and they were nice. I like the coating on the strings and they had a nice sound. I went to Rotos though so I can't remember too much about the DRs. I know I'm getting some high beams for Christmas though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by corrda00
K so my bass is kinda due for new strings but I don't know what to get. Right now I have rotos, but I was thinkin of tryin out DR High Beams.

I play mainly Metal (on this bass at least) and Jazz/Funk. I try to go for that trebbly aggressive tone, Kinda like Tony Choy and Alex Webster on TOTM.

Whatcha guys think?

Rotosound Piano design, as trebly and attacky as you can get, they're a pain in the arse to string up though.
I've been meaning to get Roto 66's since August...

..of 2008.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Ernie Ball power slinkies or roto 66's are probably going to be your best bet. If you really like the strings you have now, you could always soak(denatured alcohol) or boil them and restring you bass with the same set
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
i kinda dont like the hi-beams that much after using the low riders. to me hi-beams sound like regular old strings and low riders have something extra to them. mabe its just me tho.

oh by the way thier name is kinda a misnomer low riders sound bright but they are deep and bright. hi-beams to me just sound bright but not very deep compared to the low riders
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by TooFast
I've been meaning to get Roto 66's since August...

..of 2008.

man i know exactly how you feel! ive allways wanted to try rotosounds but when i get to the store i allways go to my old standbys
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
^ they have a a very pronounced low end to me.

EDIT: to the post above you.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at Dec 15, 2009,