I've been thinking, eventually i want to make my own bass from scratch. Now I know this isn't easy and i will take my time and stuff but I won't be starting for a while. Anyway I was wondering is there a way to create a V shaped bass and not get nick dive? I would love to have a V shaped bass all the ones on the market have neck dive. Now if it's impossible I would like to know before I start. If you guys have any ideas how I would do this it would be much appreciated.

By the way, it will be a 5 string bass, 35" scale length if that matters at all.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Goona be hard to do. Most basses will have the extra long upper horn to shift the balance point for the long neck. W a V guitar the balance point is gonna be at the very base of the neck. Not really any way to shift it a V guitar doesnt have the best balance and has much less neck and tuner weight hanging out so far.
add a bunch of weight to the body. use a light neck wood. ,ake it headless with those huge tuner bridges. probably a bunch of stuff you don't want to do. but those are your oprions
no sir away a papaya war is on
Try making a bass body of pure wenge, heavy as hell but helps with the dive.
Perhaps put a lead block in the lower horn? XD Granted it sounds silly but it would act as a natural counterbalance to the neck weight due to the physics of a V's weight distribution.
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
I say go headless

Also, make the body out of a heavier wood.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I'd rather not go headless and also what kind of wood could I use on the body that is heavy but not so heavy that I won't be able to play it for any extended period of time.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6