hey my friend recently started playing guitar and I let him borrow my microcube and he really likes it. He wants to buy it and I'm thinking about selling it because I want something a little bit....more... it doesn't have an equalizer and isn't that loud.
So I was thinking about buying the 30x version if I can find one on craigslist (usually go for around 150 on there).
Is this a good idea or are there other options?
thanks
Budget?
Genre (preferably with bands you wanna sound like)?
Location?

EDIT: Mkay then.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/1504854608.html

Peavey Vypyr 30. Probably the best amp in your budget, depending on what you play.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Dec 13, 2009,
yes, I play just about everything which is why I want to stay solid state (many different effects/amp settings). I'm probably not going to go above 180-200, so I was thinking either valvetronix, vyper, or cube.
I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this from the haters on UG but you might want to try out one of the new Marshall MG4 series amps in a store for yourself to hear. But don't take my word for it or anyone's negative opinion which is typical here. In your price range you can get the new MG15FX ($150) series amp like I did and the 4 channel MG programmable Footcontroller ($60) for it too if you want for easier channel switching to whatever custom settings you store in the amp. My other amp is a Cube-20X w/Boss FS-6 Footswitch which is nice but I like the new MG15FX much better overall.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 13, 2009,
Peavey Vypyr if you wantz moar metalz.

Vox Valvetronix if you wantz moar rwak.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Wallygator56
kind of off topic but above poster you have a midnight blue strat? does it look purple? I have that same one.

Yeah it does in certain light, especially sunlight. [EDIT] Ah, I see you changed the pickups? I like that maple neck. My next Strat is gonna half to have a maple neck and cream (white?) body color.

I photographed it here (and with the MG15FX practice amp I mentioned) to try and capture the real natural color without using flash:

Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 13, 2009,