Hey guys, i could really use some help with deciding on a new guitar. It'll be my second guitar and I'm looking for something in the 700 - 1000 dollar range. I play mostly alternative rock like: AFI, Rise Against, Anberlin, Billy Talent. I also play a little metal like metallica or megadeth (nothing really drop tuned).

I plan on trying everything i can but i'd appreciate a push in the right direction. I play mostly rhythm guitar parts, not much solo work (although I'd like to get into that more). I play threw a crate flexwave 65/112. Also i'd like to avoid anything with active pickups since i hear they don't sound great through solid state amps, I would like to get a good clean tone. Nothing with a tremelo please!! I have been looking at an ESP LTD MH 1000 NT and a Dean Hardtail Select (although i think they may have discontinued them), your opinions on those would be valued. All help is appreciated. Thx!!!!!
That ESP nice, but I might personally go for the ESP LTD EC-1000, in Amber Sunburst. It's pretty much the same version of that guitar, but in a Les Paul shape.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Thx, I perfer the super strat shape though. But since the les paul shape is heavier would it make a difference in the sound? Sorry if it's a dumb question lol.
Quote by vinniev1235
Thx, I perfer the super strat shape though. But since the les paul shape is heavier would it make a difference in the sound? Sorry if it's a dumb question lol.

The Les Paul shape might actually be lighter then the SS. ESP Les Pauls are cut to almost half the width of a Gibson. But yeh, it's all preference with the shape of the guitar. I just own too many dang super-strats... Plus, If you buy the one you're looking at, you get more color options. The EC-1000 with JB/59 only comes in the amber sunburst.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Look into Esp's and Ibanez Prestige. Try and get a Ibanez rg770dx. about 1k only 250 made of each color super strat, and i own one. Beautiful guitar.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
Quote by RetroBasement
Look into Esp's and Ibanez Prestige. Try and get a Ibanez rg770dx. about 1k only 250 made of each color super strat, and i own one. Beautiful guitar.

But he doesn't want a tremolo

I love the general Horizon shape so of course I'm going to say to go with the LTD MH1000NT though with your budget you do have a wide range of guitar choices so go to a guitar store and check others out.
ya the trem i'm not so sure about. i change tunings quite a bit and i don't like the thought of having to fiddle with it (i'm not very knowledgeable about them lol) although that is a gorgeous guitar
esp horizon Nt II non trem version thread//
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
I vote horizon 2.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Thx guys, any ideas other than an ESP, LTD, or the Dean? I couldn't care less what the company is so load me up with suggestions lol
PRS SEs, Jackson DK2T, lots of Fender teles. Lots of choices in this price range. Also dont be super afraid of tremolos and tuning changes its only a big deal with FR and similar types of bridges. Vintage style (like Fender) can be set up pretty easily and minor changes dont really require it at all. If you want you can even just add extra springs and tighten it up to make it essentially hardtail when you dont want the trem, and it would take all of 2 minutes to do.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.