Ok, so here's the deal:
This is a thing that's been driving me crazy for years. Why on earth do people type 'Squire' instead of 'Squier'? I mean, c'mon! Shouldn't be that difficult! It wouldn't shock me otherwise, but the sheer percentage of misspelled Squiers vs correctly spelled ones is very high. Sometimes it feels like it's at least over 50% on the interwebz!
And, I know that bitching about it on UG forums won't do much good, but I have to do something, anything, it's making me insane!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Duly noted.

+1
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
It's a letter transposition. How else do we get liek and teh? It happens. Chill out, man. People are always gonna misspell words.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
You know what it means so why does it bother you. You don't bitch when people type LOL or WTF, cause you know what they mean.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by stephen_rettie
I hate it when people type, 'A LP.' like a les paul. It's: 'An LP.' for the love of ****ing god, AN!

Ummm no it's 'A LP'

You only use 'AN' infront of words that start with a vowel.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
It's a letter transposition. How else do we get liek and teh? It happens. Chill out, man. People are always gonna misspell words.

One of my lecturers used to write 'the' as 'teh' in all the emails he sent. I lol'd.

But yes it's annoying but shit happens at least they don't call their Squiers Fenders.
I would think that on some internet browsers, there is a spell checker automatically. 'Squier' as it's correctly spelled, is said to be a misspelled word on most internet browsers in the spell checker. Squire however, is not considered a misspelled word on most internet browsers with a spell checker.

Seriously, why does it bother you so much? Obviously you knew what they meant, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread trying to correct them.
Quote by Koshman32
Ummm no it's 'A LP'

It depends on whether you see LP and read it as EL PEE or les paul
personally i do the first

and TS, it's probably because squire is an actual word, whereas squier just looks wrong
Quote by Koshman32
Ummm no it's 'A LP'

Sound out the "L" bro
A Squire is a thing, so people spell it like that.

Just like when you see BASS you say "base" instead of the fish.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I believe a thread with this EXACT same title and starting message was created a few months ago and the thread was clsoed and the user banned for complaining about something that's not that big of a deal.... but I could be wrong....
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
"Squier" is a company made under Fender. "Squire" is a word you can actually find in a dictionary. it's pretty easy to see why people would misspell it. and about the LP thing. i say "an LP" because i pronounce it "EL PEE" as MLilienthal said.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Koshman32
Ummm no it's 'A LP'

thank you for illustrating my point.

L or phonetically El, DOES start with a vowel and thus it is 'An LP'. The first clue should be that saying, 'A El Pee,' does not roll off the tongue and makes you feel like a retard while saying it.
Stupid, pointless thread is believe it or not, stupid and pointless ...

Reported ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by stephen_rettie
I hate it when people type, 'A LP.' like a les paul. It's: 'An LP.' for the love of ****ing god, AN!

the word Les does not start with a vowel. lrn2grammar.

Quote by stephen_rettie
thank you for illustrating my point.

L or phonetically El, DOES start with a vowel and thus it is 'An LP'. The first clue should be that saying, 'A El Pee,' does not roll off the tongue and makes you feel like a retard while saying it.

the guitar is a les paul, not an el pee. this isn't very hard to figure out, people.

*reporting* this thread for lowering the collective iq of this forum
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 14, 2009,