I love this guitar, one of my favourites. I'm definitely getting one in the next year or two
Quote by subzero364
I love this guitar, one of my favourites. I'm definitely getting one in the next year or two

you think its worth it, im almost 99% getting this sexy beast
My friend has a white Esp Horizon Fr, and it's a kickass guitar. Very solid feel to it.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
the ONLY thing that turns me off about it is the location of the volume knob about a year ago i changed (fixed) my picking technique from using my index and mid finger to just my index. now the rest of my fingers are open, like this

so i bump the vol knob a lot on my AX. on my FX the knob is right by the stop tailpeice so its no problem. thats the only reason im not saving up for one of these. i decided on a schecter c-1 classic in see through blue. i know the ESP is higher quality but its the next best thing with a quilted top i could find.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
the ONLY thing that turns me off about it is the location of the volume knob about a year ago i changed (fixed) my picking technique from using my index and mid finger to just my index. now the rest of my fingers are open, like this

so i bump the vol knob a lot on my AX. on my FX the knob is right by the stop tailpeice so its no problem. thats the only reason im not saving up for one of these. i decided on a schecter c-1 classic in see through blue. i know the ESP is higher quality but its the next best thing with a quilted top i could find.

Well played. I looked into Schecters but i thought they just looked really cheesy imo. They play decent though. And i was kinda turned off how they love putting actives in all the guitars those are only good to a certain extent.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
the c-1 plus and classic are really beautiful but yeah i get what you mean about some of their models looking cheesy. i came across this c-1 plus at my store the other day and it had the glossiest finish ive ever seen on a guitar. again, the volume knob is in an evil spot and it comes with duncan designed so thats why i want the classic over that one. i like actives but i already have one guitar with them and im not really interested yet in getting another. maybe something with blackouts in the future. if you do get this horizon II, post lots of photos!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Quote by SYLrules88
the c-1 plus and classic are really beautiful but yeah i get what you mean about some of their models looking cheesy. i came across this c-1 plus at my store the other day and it had the glossiest finish ive ever seen on a guitar. again, the volume knob is in an evil spot and it comes with duncan designed so thats why i want the classic over that one. i like actives but i already have one guitar with them and im not really interested yet in getting another. maybe something with blackouts in the future. if you do get this horizon II, post lots of photos!

Well you see i already have a guitar with actives so i want one with passive lolol. And yes i will post pics. And vids lol. Duncan designed may not be so good. Usually anything "designed" arent so good. But ya Schecters are good bang for the buck
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
I have an Ibanez with "EMG Designed" pickups. They sound nothing like EMG's. For a $300 starter guitar (it was my first electric.), not bad. But not EMG. I've played the Duncan Designed too, and honestly I'm not impressed. I've got a Jackson with SD JB/59s. Comparing the Duncan Designed to real Duncans, no. And at $400, you can do much better. Example:

Ibanez RG2EXT1:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EXT1-Electric-Guitar-581833-i1463467.gc

And for the Horizon 2 lovers out there:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-103-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar-514872-i1372185.gc
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
despite anyone claiming otheriwse, i heard a hell of a difference between the passive EMG H4s that came stock in my AX and the actives i upgraded to and i was playing through my MG30RCD. ive never played through duncan designed pups and i dont want to. im willing to buy the real thing.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

hardtail strat with a seymour duncan sh6 in the bridge and a dimarzio dp188 in the neck. volume in hole nearest to bridge pickup, 3 way selector in middle hole, input jack in last hole, killswitch in hole where input jack is traditionally in. strap locks, locking tuners, guage 11 strings, and all black pickups, hardware, tuners, with a green paintjob with bad ass stickers. especially with a big OBEY sticker on the back.
There's a world of difference between "xx Designed" and the real thing. I'm not talkin' smack about the cheap-ass EMG Designed in my RG, for the price they're not bad at all. bit dark, not too responsive, but very clear. But compared to actual EMG's, no contest. Personally, I'm not a big fan of actives, I don't hear enough of a difference to justify the price, but I do hear enough of a difference between EMG-HZ vs EMG Designed.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
oh wow i didnt know such a thing as EMG-designed existed...? are they called something else?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Quote by SYLrules88
oh wow i didnt know such a thing as EMG-designed existed...? are they called something else?

Select pickups I've got an old set in an old cort of mine and well they're average.
I have basically the LTD version of that guitar, and boy is it sweet. I'd like to find one of them in person though, see how much better the ESP Standard version is. Boy do I love quilted maple Red.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
horizon looks sweet
I want a c-1 classic or c-1 atx, Love them so much, may be getting one for chrimbo
does anyone think they are worth the U.K prices though ? £800? (so about $1300 at todays exchange rate)
I mean over here they are more than double the price they are in the U.S, but even if I ordered one from the us, the import and shipping charges would only save me about £100, so i'd rather buy it from a shop (can take it back instead of shipping it back)

and I shall say it again, the horzion looks freaking sweet!
I'd love a Horizon
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w