Hey I was wondering what UGer's thought of this band?
Criticism? Your thoughts?

Let me know?

http://www.myspace.com/emilianarock

My favorite song is "a binding choice."
I really dig the guitar harmonies and keys.

what do you guys think?
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
I'm really not one for the hardcore scene but they don't sound half bad at all. Seems like they may get somewhere with it.
It's a huge pet peeve of mine when bands like this call themselves progressive. After listening to the first song, there's almost no prog influence and I'm extraordinarily bored. Pretty meh overall.
Also their keyboardist looks like a gigantic douche on their myspace.

EDIT: Okay, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Dec 14, 2009,
It's not bad, a little hard to get into at first... They keys are quite awesome though their tone could use some work though a little too much high end.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by saxaxe
It's a huge pet peeve of mine when bands like this call themselves progressive. After listening to the first song, there's almost no prog influence and I'm extraordinarily bored. Pretty meh overall.

Didn't you know that having a keyboard player makes you totally prog. And if you can't play in time your totally mathy.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Also their keyboardist looks like a gigantic douche on their myspace.

Goofy mu'****a
Quote by celticstorm84
I'm really not one for the hardcore scene but they don't sound half bad at all. Seems like they may get somewhere with it.

Why are you in the hardcore forum then? o.O

Its not bad, I like it. Its not groundbreaking though.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by xRenegadEx
Goofy mu'****a

not even goofy, he jus looks like a straight ****boy
name pisses me off to begin with, like a mix between alesana and oceano, so i'm not even going to bother. and i too hate it when definately non-prog bands call themselves progressive.

this is an actual progressive hardcore band:

http://www.myspace.com/twentythreenineteenau

also lolled at this:

It's a belief of ours that the words "brutal" and "intense" are severely overused in describing today's hardcore music, and the band that can fit as many of the same recycled breakdowns into one song tends to garner the most attention. We think that hardcore and metal should be more than mixing together interchangeable riffs over fast double-bass, and that our generation, as music-listeners, has much more to say than just pig-squeals. We're not saying that we're completely original or that we want to change music as you know it, we're far from it, we're just trying to join other bands in breaking through the wall of mediocrity that keeps so many young minds from realizing that music is an infinite world of possibility. =D Hi, we're Emiliana, six forward-thinking individuals that just happen to write music together.

they know NOTHING about 'hardcore'.

don't see what's wrong with the keyboard player though??
edit: oh, was looking at the wrong picture.
Last edited by BGSM at Dec 14, 2009,
what the hell is with these bands? They quote they have passion and creativity, but come on, this is no better than any other generic hardcore band.
And while I'm on it, I was into BTBAM before anyone else I knew, just after the Alaska release. Now Alaska was absolutely fantastic, but every metalhead I knew couldn't get into it. Then Colours comes out and suddenly everyones asking me if I'd heard of a band called BTBAM, and every hardcore band suddenly started calling themselves prog, because they figure all it takes is to use alot of different riffs in their music. BTBAM do alot more than that, and in my opinion are the greatest musicians of our time.
I have just joined a hardcore band called Reverence of Nihility playing bass. They are my least favourite of the 3 bands I am in because they do nothing new. They are the same generic hardcore band as every other one out there, and I have noticed that all their riffs have been stolen from bands like As I Lay Dying, Waking The Cedaver and The Red Shore. When I asked the guitarist why he had done this, he replied, "it is just rhythm, every riff has already been written". Lol!
The point is, this band stinks out loud. They are generic, idea-less and certainly not prog. Just like every other hardcore band in the world.
PS. Yeah, I figure I could quit Reverence, but still it's good for the jamming/stage experience, and I have met a load of great friends joining it.
Dude, this band is more original than any of the bands you named (with the obvious exception of BTBAM). They're also a LOT closer to actual hardcore than any of the bands you mentioned, so it's a bit like apples and oranges. I don't think they're particularly special, but they definitely don't sound like the same thing all over again.

EDIT: The more I read your post, the more I feel like you didn't really listen to them, you just read the comments about them and looked at the keyboardist on their myspace.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT