Page 1 of 2
I am brand new to this forum thought i might start a thread. i dont know if a thread like this has been done b4 but whatev.

I know that i LOVE just thinking about guitars that would someday love to have, so I thought, what the hell, and decided to start this. Nothing is off limits, if you want a guitar that looks like a helicopter, tell us about.

Post some web pics or links (if your dream guitar exists of course), maybe some specs, and why you like the guitar so much.

If you own your dream guitar, tell us about and wether or not you love it as much as you thought you would.

So, i wanna know what your dream guitar is
Last edited by DLGuitars at Dec 14, 2009,
Mine is most definitely the PRS 513. I read somewhere that it has the first truly new pickup setup since the invention of the humbucker or something like that, IDK. But, I want one, it is beuatiful too, practically a work of art and with so many settings, you'd be hard pressed not to be able to find a tone that suits you.

Here is a review from Vintage Guitar magazine.
Last edited by DLGuitars at Dec 14, 2009,
IBANEZ AX CUSTOM ELECTRIC GUITAR , GOLD SPARKLE & SILVER SPARKLE MODELS!!! John 5's Guitar!!! :O
Right now, my dream guitar would pretty much be an Ibanez S Prestige. It has everything I want: thin body, fast neck, 5 way switch, 24 frets, amazing and easy trem system, 1 tone and 1 volume (hated having 4 knobs on my les paul).

Only thing is they don't have any finishes that I'm head-over-heels for, but that doesn't matter as much as feel/tone. I'll have one soon... I just need to find a job.
My dream guitar would be any higher end Kramer, Jackson, Charvel, or Ibanez RG from the 80's. The bright colors are so great and not really seen today.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
I've got a ton of dream guitars. At this very point in time though, I'd probably go columbine for an Ibanez Paul Gilbert 20th Anni reissue.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
i've already got both of my dream guitars, a les paul and an eds-1275. however, next in line for my dream guitar is a tie between a 1955 telecaster, or a 1957 stratocaster
PRS SC250 in Charcoal Burst

I have to pay Private Stock prices to get it in that finish. Adding an extra £2000 to the price tag. Awesome.

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I guess my "dream guitar" as in one that I'll never obtain and only dream about would be a 1961 Fender strat all stock in sunburtst.

But I guess my "perfect" guitar would probably be an Ibanez JEM7BSB.

Looks great, sounds great, great hardware and stuff, and whilst being a signature model, was never used by Vai, it's only ties with Vai are the fact it's on the JEM line, so I wouldn't be judged as a Vai copy.
An anderson pro am, alder, oversize neck, 6100SS frets, HSS, Floyd with a brass block and a trem stopper, and a Duncan EVH/'78 in the bridge position.

I own it, and yes, it's everything I could want it to be.
'Ole Woodie is pretty gets me many sounds.

1- Humbucker
2- 'bucker & single coil
3- 'bucker & P90
4- P90
5-Single coil & P90 wired as a series 'bucker

JJ
Attachments:
32a.jpg
1954 strat, I'd prefer one with some non original parts, as it knocks down the price some, and I wouldn't feel bad if I modded it.

1962 Sonic Blue strat, I'd probably have this one made as a replica by a luthier. I don't like the C shape necks, I'd prefer a thicker neck. Still beautiful though.

Vintage '79 Silverburst Les Paul:

A 1959 Les Paul, possibly through a conversion one or a replica:

'62 ES335 TDC:

I'd probably have Ormsby make me a guitar like this one, I really dig the blue quilted top and the inlay work:

Yes, I know it's a PRS, but it's a private stock.
Any all original hardware Fender Strat made within 54-64 with wear on it.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Other than another S2170 Prestige, I'd like a Suhr Modern and a Fender '62 Tele.
Tons of good deals on Harmony Central and Sevenstring.org.
very cliche, but seriously:

Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC

or

Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Last edited by learningplayer at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
very cliche, but seriously:

holy shit. they went too far on that one.

I'd take this one.

i have a thing for double necks
Well, since it's your first thread, and I am a newby too, I will post as well.

For me it's a PRS 513, blue flamed. Very versatile and the ones I have played just feel like they are shaking my hand saying..., Yes!
Any Pre-CBS Strat with 12" Radius, Soft V-Neck, Sunburst or Blue finish, Maple fretboard.

Still begging to afford one
No means maybe
I couldn't have just one. If I could have 4, it would be:

This, but with a maple neck.

American Sunburst Fender Telecaster

A double neck Explorer.

A Gibson Les Paul Standard

^ that double neck explorer is ****ing AWESOME.

something about double necks are just brilliant to me. i love every single one i've ever seen.

which brings me to this.

holy mother of god what i wouldn't give for that.
I just got mine! A Gibson Les Paul Classic - 60's style neck black finish!

It's been many years coming but it sounds sweet....
Either the white and gold JEM, or Paul Gilbert's single coil Fireman.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Lanyard
Well, since it's your first thread, and I am a newby too, I will post as well.

For me it's a PRS 513, blue flamed. Very versatile and the ones I have played just feel like they are shaking my hand saying..., Yes!

YES! I loooooove that guitar. Its beautiful and amazing and just.. just... PERFECT!
new dream.

RG3620Z.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Does anyone know if PRS has made a Dragon Guitar from a 513. Ive decided that that is my new ultimate dream guitar after seeing those other two dragons, especialy the double neck
this type of thread is done to death but my dream guitar is really a '60 gibson les paul special double cutaway or a '61 SG junior.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i havent played much guitars, but i really love the design of the Gibson Gothic SG and Nergal from the band Behemoth's "Hex" guitar.
Page 1 of 2