Righto, I'm looking for an amp in a similar price and wattage range to the Bugera V22, but that runs on 6l6's or KT88s.

Before anyone says it, I have tried the V55, but it's too big for what I need, and, I also can't afford it

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Your user name is "Boogie Man", that kinda makes me assume that you like Mesa Boogie amps. So why don't you like 6l6's?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Your user name is "Boogie Man", that kinda makes me assume that you like Mesa Boogie amps. So why don't you like 6l6's?

tbh, I've never tried Mesa Boogie amps, and had never heard of them when I joined the forum, my username is actually a reference to an Insane Clown Posse song

Umm, I do like 6l6's, I don't like El84s, because they lack clean headroom, which is what I really want in an amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Fender Blues Junior (possibly used) or super champ XD ?

I'm not too sure on the prices though, since i'm from Australia, where the prices are goddamn ridiculous.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by Boogie Man
Righto, I'm looking for an amp in a similar price and wattage range to the Bugera V22, but that runs on 6l6's or KT88s.

Before anyone says it, I have tried the V55, but it's too big for what I need, and, I also can't afford it

Well, seeing as how a 6L6 has 30w max dissipation, and KT88 has 25w max dissipation, and they usually come in pairs or quads, you aren't going to find a tube amp at 20w with 6L6s or KT88s.

The best suggestions I can give are:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp?sku=480510

Traynor YCV40
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959

I know they are way out of the price range of the V22, but that's the best I got that was close to your price and met your specs.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Well, seeing as how a 6L6 has 30w max dissipation, and KT88 has 25w max dissipation, and they usually come in pairs or quads, you aren't going to find a tube amp at 20w with 6L6s or KT88s.

there's your problem. actually, i know of some amps which will take one of those, single-ended, but most are pretty dear. Now that i think of it, the peavey windsor might take one, and is around 20 watts, but i haven't tried it and i don't know if (a) it's any good and (b) even if it is, whether or not it'll do the tone you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There are 20w amps out there running a pair of 6l6. But they arent gonna be a production item in the price range of bugeras. In an amp your gonna buy at a store 20w is gonna have EL84 or 6v6. 6V6 will give you more clean headroom than EL84.

I have a homebuilt tube amp w a pair of 6l6 that according to the plans, and depending on the version of 6l6 used, is rated at about 20w. But the voltage to the tubes is lower about 388v. Higher voltage is gonna give you more power. But this amp was designed to be able to use 6V6 or 6L6 without any issues. You get an amp designed to use the higher voltage 6L6GC and its gonna be closer to the 60w mark.
yeah, i didn't mean that you couldn't necessarily get a 20w amp with a pair of 6l6 or kt88, just it won't be cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ratfish
Fender Blues Junior (possibly used) or super champ XD ?

I'm not too sure on the prices though, since i'm from Australia, where the prices are goddamn ridiculous.

lol, I'm actually from Australia as well

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have a look about.

Regarding the 6v6s, can they be used as direct replacement for El84s?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm pretty sure they're both octal tubes. and yes you can but you'll need a rebias. but I would wait for someone who knows a bit more to tell you that.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

+1 - these specs can't be met.

Try the 2x 6L6 fenders like a Super if you want clean headroom. Also, clean headroom and low power are in essence mutually exclusive.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Boogie Man

Regarding the 6v6s, can they be used as direct replacement for El84s?

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure you can't - I think 6v6s have the same pins as a 6L6, not a el84.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure you can't - I think 6v6s have the same pins as a 6L6, not a el84.

no, I think they have the same pins. but the wrong internals (kind of). I don't know much about tubes.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
6v6's have the 6L6/El34 pin out. they can not be used. I just went and checked. sorry
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah, 6v6 are octal, el84 are 9-pin. I think 6v6 are designed to run at quite a bit lower voltages than the 6l6 etc. too, i only think they'll swap in very specific amps (some single enders, as far as i'm aware, will let you also run 6v6s).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I believe it also depends on the 6v6s in question. Some of the tougher JAN tubes, and I think maybe new production JJs, are ok with higher voltages. I know at one point Bob @ Eurotubes had 6v6s running in a Recto.

There are also low power 6L6 family options that are somewhere in the middle.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D
I believe it also depends on the 6v6s in question. Some of the tougher JAN tubes, and I think maybe new production JJs, are ok with higher voltages. I know at one point Bob @ Eurotubes had 6v6s running in a Recto.

There are also low power 6L6 family options that are somewhere in the middle.

that's possible.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Boogie Man

Sorry you cant get there from here, especially not in your price range
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
KT88s put out about 50 watt per tube, what on earth is making you look for a low wattage amp with KT88s?
Quote by al112987
KT88s put out about 50 watt per tube, what on earth is making you look for a low wattage amp with KT88s?

Probably because he's confused about how tube selection relates to power and tonal characteristics.

It's OK - everyone' was there at one point.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by al112987

Well, I didn't realise they had that sort of output, like Even Bigger said, but I do understand the tonal characteristics, and I do understand that what I am after is an amp with clean headroom, which I cannot get apparently

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Which amps have you tried in your price range, and how did you determine that they didn't have enough clean headroom? Which amps have you played outside of your budget that did have enough clean headroom?
Quote by Roc8995
Which amps have you tried in your price range, and how did you determine that they didn't have enough clean headroom? Which amps have you played outside of your budget that did have enough clean headroom?

Well, in my price range, I've tried the V22, outside of my current price range I have tried several different amps, including, Vox AC30 and 15, Bugera V55, fender Hot Rod and Twin, and a couple of marshalls and peaveys.
The ones that achieved the sort of sound I was after were, the Hot Rod, twin, and V55.
I tested it's Clean headroom by turning it up as loud as I could and adjusting the level controls for the clean channel and trying to keep it as clean as possible it high volume...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
So you need a cheap, low wattage, clean amp?

A) Don't worry about what kind of tubes it runs. If you're running it clean and at low volumes, it's not going to matter much.

Other than that, look used for a Peavey or Ampeg or something.