k, ive been playin guitar for a long time now, so ive decided to start playing bass

now, wats a decent, cheap, good bass amp to get

i play metal (lots of it )

and i was lookin at a price range of between 500-1k aus dollar

i was lookin at the roland cube 100 bass amp, (i got a cube 60 guitar amp and i love it), so im thinkin of stayin in the same brand, but if sumone can recommend me another amp in that price range id be happy

(the bass guitar, i already know wat i want)
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
I dont know what the current exchange rate is, I believe its near 1 to 1, but I would go with an acoustic B200 as its only $350 brand new and can play any type of music. 200 watts is alot of uumph also
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
Ebay is your friend.

I bought a Hartke 3500 head for $500 and a custom made Eminence-loaded cab for $300, which fits your budget and will sound a million times better than any combo.

I'd find the Hartke pretty easy to recommend; tube pre and a 10-band EQ for that lovely clicky metal tone right to a nice mellow thump. But really I settled on the Hartke by knowing my price-range and trawling ebay until I found something that sounded like it would work. Never looked back.

Well, if you aren't playing with a band, it doesn't really matter what you get, but anything less than a stack has a less than desirable amount of headroom to compete with a drum kit. I'm not saying you CAN'T do it, just that's there's no good reason to... 4 speakers > 1 speaker...

SO yeah, I love ebay, and I love buying used gear; I find you get much better prices and therefore less compromise.

This site might give you some ideas too www.basscentre.com.au

(I know you said you're set on your bass, but I can't resist a little plug for the Schecter Stiletto Studio 6; beautiful thing, can be yours for about $550 if you look around american ebay)
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
I dont know what the current exchange rate is, I believe its near 1 to 1, but I would go with an acoustic B200 as its only $350 brand new and can play any type of music. 200 watts is alot of uumph also

i think its round 90-91c aus to each $1us

i dont realy wanna get a bass head/stack, coz im not in a band at the moment (thats y im startin bass, broadin my horizons a bit), plus id rather buy in a store then go off ebay coz id rather hear the amp in person then goin by vids on youtube
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by MetalManForLife at Dec 14, 2009,