Ok here is the plan

1. Find A Fender Telecaster Thinline for a good price

2. Put Some Bare knuckle Nailbomb in it

3. ???

4. $$$$ Catchinnngg! $$$$$

in all seriousness ive been toying with this idea for a while now and i become more and more crazy about the idea... why? i already have an american telecaster (single coil one) wich i love more then anything else... and thinline are the FN SHIZZZZ always dreamed about having one. but i play in a really aggressive alternative rock band and while the Original Telecaster sounds surprisingly well for this type of music sometime i would like the tone of a good high output humbucker.

The only concern i have is: wouldn't i kill the soul of the thinline by putting some Br00tal pickup in it...
Telecaster are now kind of my signature guitar, i like them, they like me, people like to see me with them, i like when people see me with them. Having an humbucked thinline telecaster would open a ton of tonal possibility but i might just not bother changing the pickup if its to make it loose its Telecaster "Twang" (you know what i mean.)

what you think?
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
just get another guitar .. one more suitable for alt. rock/ metal and keep your tele tone
Well, if you already have a tele that gives you the 'twang' you need, why not have another one with a different configuration just for variation. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Or you could put the bare knuckle on the one you have right now and get a thinline, and keep it as it is. Either way is ok to have that variety in guitars, sometimes even better than having a bunch of guitars that sound the same.
You should put a piezo under the bridge, then you'll get every tone you'll ever need out of two guitars!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by TrasherFromHell
Well, if you already have a tele that gives you the 'twang' you need, why not have another one with a different configuration just for variation. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Or you could put the bare knuckle on the one you have right now and get a thinline, and keep it as it is. Either way is ok to have that variety in guitars, sometimes even better than having a bunch of guitars that sound the same.

You do understand that the American Telecaster is a single coil guitar while the thinline is the semi-hollow humbucker version of the same guitar right...

to Sid Mccall: ill check that pickup right away cuz i never heard of it.
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
Quote by ModestAxis
You do understand that the American Telecaster is a single coil guitar while the thinline is the semi-hollow humbucker version of the same guitar right...

to Sid Mccall: ill check that pickup right away cuz i never heard of it.

Oh ok, no I didn't know because I don't have any interest in tele (just personal preference) even though I know they sound great.
He could rout out a cavity for it if he feels daring enough.
the thinline doesent really sound much like a telecaster it sounds just a littlebit like one it mostly sounds ike a classic humbucker guitar think gibson SG just not as ... i dont know beefy.

so if you want to keep the tele sound thats kinda a bad bassline to begin with.

look up dimarzio pickups website they have alot of sound samples of 90% of thier pickups i recomend a twang king in the neck and single coil sized humbucker in the bridge they have several humbuckers for teles that retain the original tele style tone while giving you beefyer output
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by TrasherFromHell
Oh ok, no I didn't know because I don't have any interest in tele (just personal preference) even though I know they sound great.
He could rout out a cavity for it if he feels daring enough.

not really tele bridge pickup is mounted on the bridge itself its one of the reason why it has so much punch.

i could put a humbucker in the neck spot but that would give it a lower output and thus make it less aggressive.
Quote by BelowZero

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112