My strap broke (I still don't know just how it broke so don't ask...).

I had Dunlop straploks in it.

How the hell do I get them out (of the strap, so I can use them on another strap with this guitar)

Thanks!
If I remember right those are like button snaps and cant really be used again. I think you just go buy another one, right?
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by Chaos Nil
If I remember right those are like button snaps and cant really be used again. I think you just go buy another one, right?

I hope that's not the case.

When I bought them 3 years ago I remember the guy who sold them to me said they were reusable (but he may have been just trying to get a sale).
I have had to do this wile turing one of the strap locks around so it would accommodate a Flying v. The strap button is on the back. All i did was take a pair of needle nosed pliers an carefully put it between the c clip and the large washer and closed them with a little pressure. The clip came off nice and easy and didn't fly ten feet away.
I hope this helps. Oh and where did you break your strap?
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
there is no need to pry the thing open. Just use the leverage between inside the C clip and The large washer holding the strap in place. and squeeze. And be careful for it not to slip. Blood blisters are a bitch.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Quote by drunkinminer
How did the strap break?

I bounced with my guitar while jamming and it broke. I don't know how(cause that strap has been through FAR worse) but it did lol
Maybe its because its been through "FAR worse" that it broke. Sometimes after a lot of beatings on something it just takes the right angle to finish it off.
Fine, nevermind how. Where did it break?

... and I don't mean 'did it break in the bathroom?'
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Fine, nevermind how. Where did it break?

... and I don't mean 'did it break in the bathroom?'

In other words, "Where on the string did it break? Like where it goes into the peg, or the nut, or was it somewhere in the middle? Maybe right by the pin on the bridge?"