I was thinking of buying the BC rich Warlock NJ deluxe guitar as a backup guitar and i just wanted to read what you guys think about this guitar. I got to play one at the music store, an official BC Rich dealer, and it seemed OK to me. But i just wanted to know the opinions of other people on this guitar.
I tend to stay away from BC Rich unless it's their high end stuff, especially the warlock. Try an Ibanez RG470. Will do the same but better.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
I got one for sale. Check my sig.

I personally like it. I was actually thinking about keeping it but I need to fund for a 7-8 string.

The neck feels like an LP neck since it's pretty thick. It's all mahagony so it's got a thick dark tone. Very nice guitar.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Dec 14, 2009,
Well it definetly wasn't like a LP neck but it was pretty thick compared to the super-wizards and REALLY REALLY thick compared to the wizard IIs(but those give me cramps). More like an Explorer neck.
But necks can be trimmed down if im not mistaken?
Well that takes a bit of work to trim down a neck. I just used mine again.

Yeah it isn't really like an LP but I guess since I have all ibanezs it feels like it.

Check mine out though. I'm open to offers.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by thenextkirk92
I tend to stay away from BC Rich unless it's their high end stuff, especially the warlock. Try an Ibanez RG470. Will do the same but better.

Lolbandwagon.

The NJ Deluxe series guitars are great. I'd recommend one any day. They all have Original Floyds, EMGs, and neck-thru construction. It's not like they're pieces of shit, like the bronze series. The NJ and NT series guitars are actually GREAT.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I'm not sure that the bridge is the OFR since it was black not matte-black, but in my case that's not much of a problem: changing bridges is a piece of cake, especially when going from licensed to OFR. But what I am interested in is how this guitar takes punishment. I am buying a guitar for rehearsals and shows and I want an axe that can endure rough playing and won't let me down. I'll play it as if I stole it!
Last edited by Grimriffer at Dec 15, 2009,
Well that's exactly what mine was used for. Shows and such. Your guitar will get a beating after a while due to points and such but it will stay together 100% and play just like you got it.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The NJ series are great, I wouldn't buy any BC Rich below that series unless for some reason I tried it and it excelled. IE: My kids Warlock and my Warbeast. I have several BC Rich guitars in that series and my Mocking bird NJ neck thru is one of the best guitars I own it sounds and plays amazingly. I should mention it has a set of SD pups but I am not sure what model they are they were already installed when I got it. BC NJ series have better LFR than the lower end models Three of my NJs have LFR trems and they work well. My Mocking bird actually has a LFR from an old Peavy because it was damaged when the previous owner failed at blocking the trem correctly. There are lemons with every brand of guitar you should always play a guitar first and give it a good once over if you must buy online make sure who ever you buy nit from has a good return policy.

John
Quote by thenextkirk92

I loved the NJ series of BC Rich. Really nice feeling and sounding guitars IMO.
Quote by Banana Wedgie
The NJ series is OK but not very reliable, the NT and NJ DLX are really good though.
???

Every NJ guitar is called a NJ Deluxe according to the site.

And how is the NT better? The NJ seems to have better pickups, and everything else seems to roughly be the same (looking off the BC Rich site).
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 15, 2009,
OK then! I'm purchasing this axe first thing after breakfast. Expect a review.

PS: sorry to the dude selling it online. Buying guitars off the net is just something I don't do.
Last edited by Grimriffer at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
And how is the NT better? The NJ seems to have better pickups, and everything else seems to roughly be the same (looking off the BC Rich site).

The NTs aren't better, but with a pickup change, they could be.
*shrug*
Lol
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.