Budget - £400-500, although I'll see if I can get more (partly an Xmas present)
Style - Old Metallica, Muse, A7X, The killers - all sorts basically
Want - Combo, either 1x12 or 2x12, good tone at bedroom levels but with headroom for band practice

I've had a look around and I've spotted a few choices - the 6505+ Combo 1x12 which would take a few weeks to get in as special order only or something that has really caught my eye recently a used DSL401 on eBay for £375 with no footswitch.

What would you suggest?
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Dec 14, 2009,
go for a jcm 900

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

im the same man, just wait for the guitar guitar sale in january. Guarenteed to have rediculous offers on the egnater rebels and tiny terrors and stuff.
Hmm, in the UK it seems fairly hard to get hold of Egnaters, and I'm not sure the Tiny Terror would have enough headroom.

What is the major difference between the TSL601 and the DSL401 (other than 20W)? I know the TSL has 3 channels, but how different are they tonally?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
You could get a Hayden MoFo for a bit over £400 and pick up a 1x12 or 2x12 cab used. Not as handy as a combo but a great amp that'll take you anywhere.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I think the 3rd channel is like a solo channel, it has a volume boost on it but thats all i know
Hmm - the Hayden looks pretty cool, but reading around people say it doesn't have the gain for metal - is this the case or will it do lighter metal (for want of a better word) and just struggle with the drop c/b stuff?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Dec 14, 2009,
you could always buy an OD/Boost
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Buying an OD isn't really ideal - mostly because that amp with a cab would be stretching the budget in the first place so a decent OD would add another £80 or so - TSL price bracket essentially.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai