i have preordered but it hasnt arrived. Perfect examples for what i want is to have a clean tone like red hot chili peppers, and a good distortion sound like protest the hero. I am thinking of buying a PRS SE custom 24, the one that is $500 not 3k :P. I hear the distortion is good, but ive heard some bad about the cleans. Will i be able to achieve both sounds? Will i have to use a pedal of some sort or something? Thanks.
The cleans on the head are not the best, so I think the ones on the combo ain't gonna be much better. But you can try the EHX Knockout, that sweet little thing will make a humbucker sound like a singlecoil and might give you the RHCP tone.
Quote by Krimmy
So the cleans are still pretty good then?

Sure, they are OK. The thing is; that is not a clean amp. People that are serious about their cleans would want to A/B with something for cleans, but it does have cleans and they are somewhat usable. Can it do RHCP well? No not really.

Edit: This is all assuming the 1x12 has the same cleans as the head... Which I'm sure it will.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Okay, is there another amp can be good for cleans and distortion for 600$ or less?
Quote by Krimmy
Okay, is there another amp can be good for cleans and distortion for 600$ or less?

used Roland Jazz Chorus
used VOX AC30
Peavey Classic

EDIT: misread your post...I thought you were looking for an amp to A/B with the 6505 combo...so these are just clean amps...although the AC30 and Peavey Classic have decent crunch.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
Peavey Classic

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i really suggest you cancel that order and get something else. Unless you play metal and only dabble in RHCP on occasion the 6505+ will not suit you at all.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Krimmy

peavey vypyr tube 60w has good cleans and distortion, though its a modelling amp

blackstar ht-5 have decent cleans and good distortion though its only 5w and might not be loud enough if u are gigging. its very good for home use though.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
You don't want that amp. It sucks. Made in China. Sounds nothing like the head or the 2x12. Distortion is permanently muddy, and the clean channel has no headroom. I really can't think of a situation where it would be useful.

*maybe you could get away with retubing it and changing the speaker.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Last edited by JHC_DOH at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by Krimmy

Bugera 6262. It basically is a 6505+ but with much better cleans.
Quote by bsantos_5
Bugera 6262. It basically is a 6505+ but with much better cleans.

THIS.

Can't beat'em for price and sound quality. And don't diss them for reliability, they are pretty dang solid now. If you want to throw more money at it have it FJA modded.