Very dumb question I know, but... Has anyone here ever ordered from Peavey's site? I want to order th 6505 combo from someplace but the only reliable places I know are from musiciansfriend.com and Guitarcenter.com.

But they are either not in stock, or not gonna be shipped until january something. So would the Peavey site be a good idea or not?

Thanks in advance
most guitar stuff works that way as well. ebay? zzsound?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
you can order them from peavey...but my bet is that they will still be backordered

maybe call the peavey number and ask if they are?
Those things are back ordered to hell and back....good luck
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
When you dial Peavey's number, you reach the "Peavey Sales Department."

Now, call me crazy, but I'd say the Peavey Sales Department sells things.

Hell, they sold me a preamp potentiometer just this morning...
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
So then they could probably tell me whether or not it's on backorder or not. Because if it is, then the Bugera 6260 is possibly my best bet.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
When you dial Peavey's number, you reach the "Peavey Sales Department."

Now, call me crazy, but I'd say the Peavey Sales Department sells things.

You freak of nature....

Sales departments are there for t3h br00tz people to 0rd3r 0v3r r4t3d 4mp$ t4t rnt gud nyway.

LOL Peavey haters get on my nerves.
So just to put some clarity on this notion of ordering amps from Peavey directly, it's not going to happen. You can order parts and such I believe, like the potentiometer mentioned earlier, but not amps.

Well, you can technically place an order on-line but the order will get fulfilled by another company called 'Shop-a-tron' or something like that and your amp will come from a distributor just like everyone else.

I just called to confirm that as that was my believe. I pressed #7 for sales and the friendly gal on the other end explained all of this to me. She said there would be no benefit in improved lead times by ordering through peavey.com. She also confirmed that you cannot order over the phone, only put something in a 'Cart' and have a distributor mail it to you.

Personally, if you want to get the best lead time you'll have to call all the major outlets and see if you can get an answer on when they expect to get some and how many. Or pay a little extra from one on eBay.

PS: I don't get the Peavey haters comment, I hope that was not directed to me. I own a Peavey and recommend their amps all the time.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 15, 2009,
^good info...I had no idea. Kind of misleading I guess....oh, well. Peavey FTW!
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
^good info...I had no idea. Kind of misleading I guess....oh, well. Peavey FTW!

yeah, it is misleading which is why I wanted to get the truth out.

It is true you can order from them online, but they will not be delivering it. My guess is they round robin orders to various distributors to keep it fair. I personally think it would take longer going that route because you have no control over who will be fulfilling your order.

And Peavey is currently about 2 months late fulfilling those orders....my guess is mid January as of now
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I still can't believe I have this amp already. It pays to be a good customer at musicians friend. I ordered my amp 2 weeks before Thanksgiving when it was backordered until mid December and it showed up at my door a week later!!
Yes, Peavey haters are annoying. Peavey isn't iconic enough for them. They need a much bigger bandwagon to jump on.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Well Hot Damn

What a coincidence. Today I received in the mail a small catalog (surprisingly very much like the GC ads) and it was nothing but peavey gear, all kinds of gear and it says at the top:

'Buy Online Now at www.peavey.com'

(so they are doing the on-line business thing but still using their distributors to deliver - so not technically direct sales but it has a direct 'feel')