Im currently looking at getting an effects pedal, just to experiment with. Is there any effects pedals which dont require you to use a tone built into the pedal? i have a krank amp and my tone is perfect, so i just want to add effects to my existing tone. cheers
A delay pedal might be nice...can add a lot of depth to your tone. Modulation effects too...flanger, pitch shifter, etc. A wah or whammy pedal? Just depends on what you're looking for really.
ok cool cheers, is there any you would recommend? i appreciate that the tone will change, i just dont want one where i will have to run my amp on the clean channel, and then make a new tone in the pedal and add the effects to that. cheers
Quote by jamestheace
ok cool cheers, is there any you would recommend? i appreciate that the tone will change, i just dont want one where i will have to run my amp on the clean channel, and then make a new tone in the pedal and add the effects to that. cheers

that's be a distortion/overdrive pedal.

you could look into some delay/echo/reverb.

really, everything's said above already.
If you're happy with your tone you don't really need new pedals. To expand your tone Delay and or Reverb are good. Boss RV3, DD3/6/7 (differant people like differant ones) and the line 6 DL4 all have good reviews but I've not got any cash together to go pedal hunting yet so I've not really played with them.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
just as you use the effects loop on your amp if it has one there is nothing to worry about

otherwise the pedal could potentialy worsen your sound, due to the fact that most effects are applied post distortion
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
cheers, seems iv been looking at effects processors rathe than stomp boxes, cheers guys