heyy guys/girls.

I only started writing a little while ago , and that was because of one girl. But now everything is buggered with her. So that leads me to my problem, i can't seem to write to my own standards anymore. My standards are low but i can't even reach them. I understand writers block, but it shouldn't last a month and a half, when i used to be able to write an okay song in half an hour.

Please can you guys help me? I like writing, and i'd like to be able to do it to an okay standard again. Thank you.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.
think of another entirely different incident and try to relate the two
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Writers block can last ages. Brian Wilson from The Beach Boys suffered with it during his depression for at least a year.
Get a sandbox! That's what he did. Helps creativity apparently...
- Nic x
The half an hour comment makes me think that you were on a roll before, and you don't have writer's block now, you're just experience the normal level of output most people have. It should take you days to drag out lyrics for a song, and a you should continue to revise each song over a period of weeks or months.

Pick topics and write about them. If the song you start to write sucks, try to write to more. If you try three songs on a topic over the course of a few days and it never works, move on to a new topic and start over again. You'll find some that resonate after a while.

Or you can just write about why things went south with that girl. Seems the natural progression if your earlier songs were all about things going great with her.