Hi, Pit.

So basically, I have an english project where I need to compare a modern song's lyric to that of an old sonnet/poem.

I've been looking around for some good, meaningful lyrics, but I'm having a hard time since most of the albums I have contain material that I can't use in an English project. (think stuff like I Cum Blood)

So, I need some help from you guys. I need a song that is kinda' self-explanatory. Something that doesn't contain any vulgar language or concepts, and is also meaningful.

It would be really helpful too if you guys could also give me some good old poems/sonnets. (I don't really read poems, so I wouldn't know where to look)

Thanks a lot in advance.
A lot of Shakespeare's sonnets were aimed at men, so just compare one of those to 'Gay Bar.'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
A lot of Shakespeare's sonnets were aimed at men, so just compare one of those to 'Gay Bar.'

haha that cracked me up
If the swearing in the song you choose is artistically justified (eg. NOT 'I cum blood') then it shouldn't matter. The Verve are quite strong lyrically, as are Dylan and Marley. If you're British you could get an Arctic Monkeys song and compare how that and a Shakespearean sonnet address women or something? (They're sometimes not that different).
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?