Hey guys. I check this forum out fairly regularly, but I've never posted a song of my own before. Thought I'd give it a go, and this is what I came up with.

I'm not sure how happy I am with it, but I'd like some criticisms so I can improve for the future. Doubt it's hard enough for a lot of the people 'round here, but see what you think

The only thing missing right now are some lyrics.

C4C of course. Just tell me where to find the song and where you want your crit and I'll get back to you soon

TM
Attachments:
Inverse.gp5
Well, I'd say the solo and the outro were the most impressive parts, the rest was a little bland. Didn't care for the verse at all. It was too... Major-scale. Not that using the major scale is a bad thing, but it sounded a little too whimsical if you know what I mean. Made it seem childish almost.

Other than the verse, I liked it. Do I sense a little Muse influence?

EDIT: You can critique this if you like. The drum track isn't finished, cuts out halfway through, and I haven't written the outro yet, but other than that it's about finished.
Attachments:
Notsureyet.gp5
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by Jsteele1408 at Dec 14, 2009,
I'll keep that in mind and have a re-writing session on the verse, to see if I can make it a little less bland. Thanks for the comment!

The solo was definitely my favourite part of the song, so I'm glad someone else thought it had some merit.

And yeah, there's a lot of Muse influence there, as they're easily my favourite band. Was it the intro that gave it away (pretty close to the intro of Space Dementia I guess, looking at it now) or something more general?

Anyway, thanks again for the crit! Much appreciated!
Well, the piano intro definitely immediately brought Muse into mind, but some of the riffage in the Chorus and outro is kinda Bellamy-ish. He always uses those kinda bluesy-type scales in his riffs.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Yeah I agree 100% the inrto reminded me of muse....but the rest reminds me of like video game music...BUT IN A GOOD WAY HONESTLY!!!! It's really good!