Is it possible to by a Fender Stratocaster currently in the fiesta red colour with a rosewood neck, and if possible HSS routing? (Not metallic red, or candy apple red or wine red, like the solid red as shown here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2906170631_12b9bc6383.jpg?v=0

Also, a friend of mine has a Korean Squier (YN serial number) and he says they're better than current Mexican strats. Is he talking nonsense or do some of you agree with him?

Thanks,
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Is it possible to by a Fender Stratocaster currently in the fiesta red colour with a rosewood neck, and if possible HSS routing? (Not metallic red, or candy apple red or wine red, like the solid red as shown here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2906170631_12b9bc6383.jpg?v=0

Also, a friend of mine has a Korean Squier (YN serial number) and he says they're better than current Mexican strats. Is he talking nonsense or do some of you agree with him?

Thanks,

I believe one of the Strat series had this color option for a while, but I think the only way to get it now is custom shop. I may be wrong however.

I've heard okay things about Korean strats. I'd imagine you could find one that would match an MIM strat. But you would really have to look hard.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i'd recommend checking out used Japanese fenders. Quality stuff.
Fender MIJ Blue Flower and Pink Paisley Startocasters,Fender White MIM 50's Strat with Noiseless Pickups,Fender Graffiti Yellow Tom Delonge with EMG-81, Gibson Les Paul Studio lite 91', Agile 3100 Purple Bird, Agile 2000 HSB slim, Agile 2500 white
I haven't seen a factory production Fiesta Red Strat since I started playing. Even then, it was used. My best advice is to go here:

http://www.mijfenders.com/

And see if you can find anything. They're MIJ work is AMAZING, and very nicely priced as well. My step-uncle (long story) has three of them and he swears by them. He plays them more than his Custom Shop Les Paul
The only Strat that I think that comes in Fiesta Red is the 50s Classic Series MIM models, and even then that has a maple neck...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Only thing is I'm looking for a strat, in the colour I like, which I can get after Christmas, to stick a Dimarzio HS2 or HS3 stacked humbucker pickup in.By the way should I get a HS2 or HS3?

I might just get a Korean Squier like my friend has, for under £100 on ebay (he got his for (£59) scrub off the Squier logo and pop the pickup in.
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Only thing is I'm looking for a strat, in the colour I like, which I can get after Christmas, to stick a Dimarzio HS2 or HS3 stacked humbucker pickup in.By the way should I get a HS2 or HS3?

I might just get a Korean Squier like my friend has, for under £100 on ebay (he got his for (£59) scrub off the Squier logo and pop the pickup in.

I wouldn't bother rubbing off the Squier logo, because it decreases the value of the guitar, you'd have to repaint it or something, which is a pain and you'd have to pay some money for the paint, and what's wrong with the Squier logo anyway? It would be nice to show off you have a Korean Squier
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Eurozeppelin

You'll never get a really good guitar this way