I was trying the Ibanez RGA32 mahogany out in a store and found it pretty good. Is there any downsides/weaknesses of this guitar i should know before i buy it?

I basically have £250 for a metal guitar to use with my cube30x. Can you give me any other guitars to try out?
just the pickups can be dodgy sounding, you may have trouble with them sounding bad through your amp as they are actives not passive
they didnt sound dodgy at the shop. by dodgy do you mean crap or as in loads of background noise etc?
My RG321MH was a fantastic guitar. Played great and all that. I can't really remember how it sounded though. I'm sure the mahogany body gave it some thicker bottom-end but, if it did, I just don't remember.

As for the pickups and pots, they'll suffice on an inexpensive guitar. But you'll probably want to replace them as time goes on.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Ellis Explorers start at £279 with a pro setup and hard case. That's a great deal and will sound good through your amp.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Ellis Explorers start at £279 with a pro setup and hard case. That's a great deal and will sound good through your amp.

if they are at my local shop ill try but im not going to order a guitar online without testing