My parents are asking for ideas of what I want for Christmas, I already gave them a couple ideas for a big gift, but they always get something smaller to put in a stocking or whatever, I can't really think of anything I need or want this year

so

help me pick some things

I play classic rock/country rock/southern rock

nothing really over 150, pretty much the cheaper the better
and just suggest everything you can think of that would improve my sound

I already asked for cables and shit like that, I'm set on strings

I was thinking maybe a used Tubescreamer, maybe some reverb pedal.... umm.. suggest some stuff
thanks and an early Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
what the rest of your rig like, and then maybe we can help a bit.
its always cool to get a gift certificate to your favorite guitar store.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Alex Vik
Picks? They won't improve your sound a whole lot, but you can never have too many of them.

this +1
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Electro Harmonix Memory Boy (Delay pedal)
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez TS9
Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff
Way Huge Electronics Angry Troll (Boost pedal)
Way Huge Electronics Pork Loin (Distortion pedal)
Last edited by phlip999 at Dec 14, 2009,
I've got plenty of picks lol, pleeeee-nty

I forgot to put my rig up

AC30HH
1979 JMP
cort m200(can't mod, damn... its not really mine)
Epi g400 custom(pearly Gates in the bridge, not really any interest modding)
MIM standard strat(can't mod, not really mine)
Guyatone OD2
MXR Super Comp

and also, can you like describe what it is youre suggesting, just so I don't have to google everything lol, that can be your christmas gift to me, and a nad of my JMP can be my gift to you =)
Maybe a delay, possibly the Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Analog Delay with chorus and tremolo.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Maybe a delay, possibly the Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Analog Delay with chorus and tremolo.

not much for effects like delay, chorus, and tremolo, I like a pretty raw sound, so od's compressors, boosts, things that don't really color sound much

suggestions for reverb would be good though, obviously an analogue tank is out of my price range, so something good, but not too digital/cheap sounding
Last edited by eberg2 at Dec 14, 2009,
An analog delay can be alot like reverb, but I've heard good things about the Hardwire reverb.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by McLeod
An analog delay can be alot like reverb, but I've heard good things about the Hardwire reverb.

It's still a noticeable difference, for the most part, I'll look at hardwire, any experience with it?
Quote by Alex Vik
Picks? They won't improve your sound a whole lot, but you can never have too many of them.

this. seriously man.

I could buy a pack of 1000 picks and they'll be gone in like a month. im horrible with losing picks.

my stocking stuffers are usually picks, a nice new cable, a guitar/car magazine or 2, some socks, and then ill have 1 big gift and some clothes.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by eberg2

AC30HH
1979 JMP
Guyatone OD2
MXR Super Comp

and also, can you like describe what it is youre suggesting, just so I don't have to google everything lol, that can be your christmas gift to me, and a nad of my JMP can be my gift to you =)

Holy crap! How old are you?
To be honest, I'd ask for straight up cash in your stocking. If they want all of it to be geared towards guitar, you can check out your local craigslist and eBay and get killer deals, or you can just spend it at your local guitar center.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by eberg2

AC30HH
1979 JMP
Guyatone OD2
MXR Super Comp

hey! you've got a handwired to! you're the only other person on UG besides me who i know has one. mine's the AC30H2L
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
this. seriously man.

I could buy a pack of 1000 picks and they'll be gone in like a month. im horrible with losing picks.

my stocking stuffers are usually picks, a nice new cable, a guitar/car magazine or 2, some socks, and then ill have 1 big gift and some clothes.

I feel its only fair to mention that I laughed at your Location.

On topic: Pedals...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

metal muff doesn't seem like what I'm looking for, too grainy? that probably doesn't describe it really well, but it doesn't seem like I'd use it much

and to the age question, I am 16, yes, I bought it myself, no mommy and daddy did not buy it and I do not find amp heads under the tree every year

and I have plenty of picks, whenever I lose one I always find one I lost weeks ago, its a cycle lol
I have all the basics such as slide/capo/stands/strings/picks/strap/cleaner, well, I only really use string lube shit, just use a tiny bit damp rag for the rest

see my dillemma lol, I can't think of anything, I went through the entire musicians friend catalog and didn't find anything I needed/would really use, that I didn't already put on my list or don't already have
I like having lots of guitar straps to choose from, just got a nice leather one. Maybe you could suggest that to your parents.
Quote by ChubaKiller
I like having lots of guitar straps to choose from, just got a nice leather one. Maybe you could suggest that to your parents.

ehh... Don't know if I'd really want that, I have a strap I like, I don't play standing up all that much, I'd hate to have them buy me something I wouldn't use when I can have something I'd get use out of, I just can't think of what I would use

Actually you know what, **** it, suggest me a chorus pedal, I'd use that, so suggest reverb and chorus pedals, and other stuff you can think of
all sorts of cool guitar stuff can go in a stocking.

strings (give them the gauge and brand), picks, peg winders, patch cables, power supply for pedals if you have any, pick holders, tuners, new guitar straps, allen key set for guitar setup.. etc etc

some cheaper pedals from either danelectro or behringer are cheap enough stocking stuffers, or if you want fancier ones, you can get those too xD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by denied
Malekko spring chicklet!

sounds nice, I found some good clips of it, thats a possibility, thanks
I believe its a spring chicken, I've never heard of the chicklet lol and didn't get any results on youtube

whats a good vibe pedal?... those sound pretty cool, I'm also not looking to like start a board or anything, usually just like one at a time

Quote by Kivarenn82
all sorts of cool guitar stuff can go in a stocking.

strings (give them the gauge and brand), picks, peg winders, patch cables, power supply for pedals if you have any, pick holders, tuners, new guitar straps, allen key set for guitar setup.. etc etc

some cheaper pedals from either danelectro or behringer are cheap enough stocking stuffers, or if you want fancier ones, you can get those too xD

I did the string thing last year lol, I still have some left over, I break a string maybe every 4 months, and I cahnge them like every once in a while, but not a lot, I have all that stuff lol, tuner wouldn't use pick holders, have a peg winder, have allen keys, screw drivers all that jazz...
^ the chicklet is the new version that just came out. the chicken is discontinued and can fetch a pretty penny on ebay and such, but the chicklet is $120 on malekko's website.
9V BATTERIES or AC adaptors for pedals are nice...
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Quote by jof1029
^ the chicklet is the new version that just came out. the chicken is discontinued and can fetch a pretty penny on ebay and such, but the chicklet is $120 on malekko's website.

I just saw that later after I posted, when did it come out, it must be pretty new, I didn't find any clips of it any where, its the same thing though right?
I might just buy that for myself after christmas, 120$ is kinda pricey

Quote by lildude_6859
9V BATTERIES or AC adaptors for pedals are nice...

I have plenty lol....

I know right after the holidy I'm gonna find all this crap I need/want, but I can't think of anything
Quote by drewfromutah
Gift card to GC.

...gift cards are ALWAYS nice...
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Quote by lildude_6859
...gift cards are ALWAYS nice...

If I had a GC
Quote by eberg2
I just saw that later after I posted, when did it come out, it must be pretty new, I didn't find any clips of it any where, its the same thing though right?
I might just buy that for myself after christmas, 120$ is kinda pricey

i think it came out within the last two weeks, maybe 3. and im the same way, thought about asking for it, but ill probably just buy it myself sometime in january/february.

Malekko has clips of it on their web site http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/chicklet
then go all the way to the right upper corner and click samples.
Quote by Alex Vik

Im hopefully getting a shitload of purple tortexes this year. I bought one pack about a month ago, and Im addicted to them, but there were only about 8 or nine picks in the pack!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jof1029
i think it came out within the last two weeks, maybe 3. and im the same way, thought about asking for it, but ill probably just buy it myself sometime in january/february.

Malekko has clips of it on their web site http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/chicklet
then go all the way to the right upper corner and click samples.

I didn't even check their site lol, went straight to youtube
sounds pretty nice, I don't really notice a difference between that and the other thing, so guess I'll buy that down the line a bit, and I hate this part of picking gifts I'd like, I just give my parents a list of shit I'd like and they do whatever they can afford and would like to hear but I don't want to ask for something that I'd buy myself, but especially now I have a job and a pretty set work schedule rather than an odd job to make some cash here and there and rationing my money till march after holiday's and birthdays, I can pretty much buy whatever I want(within reason) whenever I see a good deal, so I don't know what to ask for really
aren't there such things as ONLINE gift cards...?
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

the number one thing i usually recommend for people to improve their sound is..................................

lessons.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
the number one thing i usually recommend for people to improve their sound is..................................

lessons.

I've been taking lessons for the past 6 years now lol, same teacher too, and will stop taking lessons after my senior year... so next year, wow thats weird to think about, lessons from the same guy, every year 6th through 12th grade.....