Page 1 of 2
So my iPod fell into a (dry) storm drain last night, and I was wondering if anyone could give me tips for getting it out. I'm having a hard time finding it right now, I heard it fall and hit the bottom, but it was really dark, so I couldn't see it. I spent a half hour feeling around the bottom with a golf club, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Are those drains you see on american tv? Just keep trying with a golf club or something more suited to picking it up...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Train a ferret to get it for you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
"BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too! "
Call me Matthew.
Quote by The_Casinator
Maybe Tiger Woods can get it out for you?

Nah, he's only good at getting things into holes.
And he plays a bit of golf too.
Umm..... thanks guys?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

Leave it there. The giant sewer squid will appreciate it.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Kensai
Train a ferret to get it for you.

This.

You can send him on a recon mission with a small camera strapped to his back.

Also,I'd equip him with hellfire missiles and a front mounted chain gun just in case he runs into rats or something.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Don't go down there! Clowns live in storm drains! I saw it in a documentary once.

Can't you open the drain or something?
Quote by jimmyled

Can't you open the drain or something?

Nope. I'd have to call the city to open the drain and make a big to-do.
Quote by bearded_monkey

To be serious, have you tried using a torch to see exactly where it is in order to better formulate a plan
-TimmyExtreme-
Quote by TimmyExtreme
To be serious, have you tried using a torch to see exactly where it is in order to better formulate a plan

My friend lives with women, so they don't have a flashlight, and, ironically, no brooms to feel around with, so I'm screwed in the tool department. And the iPod was on, but the drain looks bone dry at the moment.
Quote by bearded_monkey

Quote by Pr0gNut
This.

You can send him on a recon mission with a small camera strapped to his back.

Also,I'd equip him with hellfire missiles and a front mounted chain gun just in case he runs into rats or something.

Quote by diminishedtobme
I think the male ones have dicks, Im not sure though.

Quote by tgregory2010
ah screw you lol

My friends once dropped his lighter down a storm drain because he lit a bunch of fire crackers in a park in front of little kids and we thought we heard police sirens. About fifteen minutes later we lifted up the grate no problem. Now which type of storm drai are we talking? the square one in the middle of the street or the half rectangle one on the edge of the side walk?
Quote by Baroque_and_Rol
Nope. I'd have to call the city to open the drain and make a big to-do.

Really? The covers where I live aren't actually locked down, you can just pry up most of them and use a wrench to loosen others. I may or may not have gone into the storm drain on numerous occasions as a teen... These are the open ones built into the curb, with a man-hole cover on top though, not the ones flat with the surface of the street with an iron grill.

Take a pry bar down and go to town on it TS, no one will notice.
Your Ipod is smashed my friend. Move on, and buy a new Mp3 player.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Reading thru this thread... some of these jokes are so horrible....
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
you tried to pick it up with a golf club? logistics faliure.

the magnet on a belt idea would be the best bet.
Quote by MightyAl
Nah, he's only good at getting things into holes.
And he plays a bit of golf too.

I think I'll just run my laptop into my car stereo from now on, and pray i don't hit my breaks too fast.
Quote by bearded_monkey

Quote by Adamtbh
you tried to pick it up with a golf club? logistics faliure.

the magnet on a belt idea would be the best bet.

has creative logic but lacks...intelligence.

Ipod's aren't magnetic, and to get a strong enough magnet to pick it up considering the small amounts of magnetic metal in them would probably wipe the ipod anyway. :/
by storm drain you mean... a sewer or a one of those huge openings they put in runoff streams and stuff to keep the waters from rising?
Quote by Todd Hart
has creative logic but lacks...intelligence.

Ipod's aren't magnetic, and to get a strong enough magnet to pick it up considering the small amounts of magnetic metal in them would probably wipe the ipod anyway. :/

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And I was just using the golf club to prod around til I could see it, then find something better to pick it up with.
Quote by bearded_monkey

Quote by The_Casinator
Maybe Tiger Woods can get it out for you?

Yeah, if you don't mind him sleeping with it first.
I believe this is what erector sets were made for. Are the headphones plugged into the iPod? Considering everything that my headphones get tangled on, this may be a good place to start. If not, how about one of those grabber devices.
Not worth it. The pathogens down a sewer drain would be horrible. Besides unless it is bone dry and somehow soft down there your Ipod will either be waterlogged or smashed/cracked. Plus it would smell like the swamp.

Get it on insurance or something...
Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?
Page 1 of 2