I want to get a neww amp for hard rock and metaal mostly drop c. I want an amp for around 300$ and I wanna use it for home and gigs. No tube amps and it has to be compatable with pedals
I forgot to write that I have an ibanez and I like to do pinch harmonics if that helps
every amp is compatible with pedals as far as i know, but for around 300, yeah a valvetronix 30 or a blackheart i guess. i wouldn't really call those gigging amps though.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I'm afraid that disallowing valve amps in your possibilities also prohibits the options of effects pedals.

The idea of a solid state amp - the ones with built-in effects - is that you won't need to buy/use pedals. And in that regard, they can sound shit when combined.

For $300, I don't know what amp you could get that can be gigged and can suit pedals, even on the used market. Maybe you could get a Peavey Classic 30 on craigslist for $350.

Otherwise, get a used Vox VT50/AD50VT on ebay or CL.
If you play downtuned metal, the VT50 is not for you.

You should probably just save up.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'm afraid that disallowing valve amps in your possibilities also prohibits the options of effects pedals.

The idea of a solid state amp - the ones with built-in effects - is that you won't need to buy/use pedals. And in that regard, they can sound shit when combined.

For $300, I don't know what amp you could get that can be gigged and can suit pedals, even on the used market. Maybe you could get a Peavey Classic 30 on craigslist for $350.

Otherwise, get a used Vox VT50/AD50VT on ebay or CL.

I've seen the 50-60 watt JCs go for around $300. Are you going to say that those don't take pedals well? Please, just because a lot of entry-level solid state amps are modellers (a.k.a. built in effects) does not mean that all solid state are. And since TS is looking for solid state, why be a t00b sn0b? It won't help him.

Also, TS, check out used Ampeg solid states or the Roland JCs.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by walruscore
I've seen the 50-60 watt JCs go for around $300. Are you going to say that those don't take pedals well? Please, just because a lot of entry-level solid state amps are modellers (a.k.a. built in effects) does not mean that all solid state are. And since TS is looking for solid state, why be a t00b sn0b? It won't help him.

wtf?!

I'm not being a tube snob. I've owned Valvetronix, Flextone and Vetta amps, I like solid state gear.

But I have not played the amps you listed - I haven't even heard of them. I'm not going to suggest something I have no experience or knowledge of.
Quote by walruscore

AngryGoldfish suggested a Valvetronix as well. How does that make him a tube snob?

TS - I thought the Crate Shockwave was pretty cool, not sure if it comes in a combo. A used Peavey XXL might excel for what you do as well. If you do end up looking at tube amps just make sure it has high wattage (for headroom) and a clean channel for your effects.
Sorry, AngryGoldfish. I saw solid state=no pedals and went Hulk eyes. My bad.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by walruscore

no prob, but like said, pretty sure he tossed in a vox ss, and around here, you cant usually touch a used JC120 for $300.

i've got one for $400 and one for $500 up on my cl now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Line 6 Flextone, if you can find one... probably want the shortboard with it.

Ampeg VH or SS amps are amazing, and can be found for cheap.
Same goes for Crate GX130C or Shockwave (like 311 said).

Although I don't particularly like the tone, the Peavey Vypyr + Sanpera I/II would be a good choice.

The Vox VT is a very nice amp, but it is still not quite made out for metal.
Quote by walruscore
Sorry, AngryGoldfish. I saw solid state=no pedals and went Hulk eyes. My bad.
It's all good.