alright to start i plays blues/rock and classic rock such as hendrix, clapton, SRV, led zeppelin, stuff like that. i have an american std. strat, a crybaby, a ts9 and i wont mention the current amp haha. but my grandma is getting me an amp but i need something for my mom to get me. i have no exact idea what amp im getting but i described my style to my grandma and she knows a sound system expert/ guitarrist thats gonna find one for her. its deff gonna be all tube though. so should i go with some pedals? which ones? any advice is helpful. i would love to emulate hendrix tones as well as clapton's tone and maybe john mayer. other than pedals does anyone know any cool ideas? umm price range total is prob bout 250 bucks
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
If I were you I would find out what amp your getting first. We will be able to recommend you different things depending on what kind of amp your getting.

that being said, a nice delay pedal or chorus pedal can never hurt

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
Quote by MBradley2011
If I were you I would find out what amp your getting first. We will be able to recommend you different things depending on what kind of amp your getting.

that being said, a nice delay pedal or chorus pedal can never hurt

+1
yeah sorry guys i doubt their gonna tell me because their not exactly the types to throw logic aside to spoil the suprise. god i hope i dont get some tube modeller crap though.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Modeling amps are awesome...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
A TS9 is a very decent pedal and can make any tube amp "scream". But it really does depend on what, specifically, you're going to be getting.

My suggestion, then, is to wait and see what your rig sounds like first, followed by a decision on whether a few pedals are necessary. I know that's boring, but it's what I suggest.