Recently I've been tweaking around on Garageband and listening to old death metal.
- Cannibal Corpse (Eaten Back To Life), Morbid Angel, Death.
And I think I sort of found a half decent amp setting going DI, that could be used for rhythm. So now I would like to work on some cover tunes.

Is there anything that has similar guitar tone as Death's Spiritual Healing,
but in E standard?
You should be able to find any tone in any tuning. Lower tunings are not necessary and do not = heavier sound. It's good you're playing DM in standard.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
You should be able to find any tone in any tuning. Lower tunings are not necessary and do not = heavier sound. It's good you're playing DM in standard.

I think you have to agree that Nile would not sound the same in E-standard.
Most death metal is in at least Eb, or lower. I don't know a lot of death metal bands that play in E-standard tbh.
I'd check the Tunings Thread at the top of the page. It's stickied. That's what it exists for.
I've found Jesus
All of the stuff from Cynic's Focus is in E standard.

So is TiA, but it's not exactly death metal.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

...Opinions are funny, and completely not necessary.

On another note, Quo Vadis, not old but still damn good and in E. Thank you

I forgot about the 'tunings thread', but in my defense, I am looking for stuff that sounds like the SPIRITUAL HEALING album by DEATH.
TONE is mostly what I'm going for here. It's very different from more modern stuff like Quo Vadis or even the remastered or reissued versions of Death's stuff.
Last edited by SmellKellHell at Dec 14, 2009,
Obituary's Slowly We Rot album is in E standard
also check out Atheist
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
I thought Atheist is all in D standard?

anyway, since Obituary is the only one I can think of in E standard, the closest I can think of is the first four Cannibal Corpse albums, which are in Eb and Morbid Angel is usually in Eb on 6 strings or Bb on 7s.
Aye, thar be a tunings thread at t'top o' t'page for this sort of thing.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link