Right:
I recently bought a second hand TC Electronic Gmajor. It works fine, but when I put it into the effects loop of my ENGL Fireball, it gives a huge rustling noise. The noise goes louder when I turn up the volume. Having the Gmajor turned off (as in on, but no effects active) still gives a rustling noise.

I tried just running a cable through the FX Loop; when I do that, I get no noise.
I tried running the Gmajor through the FX Loop on my MG, didn't get noise.
I tried the Gmajor in front of the pre-amp, even more noise than in the FX Loop.

Please help, I don;t know what to do and I don;t know whether my Fireball or my recently acquired second-hand Gmajor is damaged.
Help is very, very much appreciated.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Anyone, please?
Last edited by RDSElite at Dec 14, 2009,
Find out which of your preamp tubes drive your F/X loop, it may be bad. Assuming ENGL's have a tube driven F/X loop. If you have some known good preamp tubes swap them out and see what happens.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
So I have to check into getting new tubes?
I'm desperate, it just needs to work properly.
Please help.
Probably just one 12ax7 If that is the problem.

Also do you know if your F/X loop is parallel or serial. This could also be a problem. If it's parallel. You may not have 100% wet signal going through the G-major.

Do you have a fireball 60 or 100?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Dec 15, 2009,
You can switch it between Serial and Parallel, with a know on the back that goes from Wet to Dry. You can change this on the Gmajor as well, but it doesn't fix the problem..

I have a Fireball 60