Well, almost, at least It's a Sterling by Music man, and it's a JP50!

A real beauty; and here she is!

http://img683.imageshack.us/g/bodyback.jpg/

It's an amazing guitar; save for the sound of the stock pickups. So, I slapped in a super distortion and an air norton. Now the sound is also amazing, and I baptized her on a gig on saturday. She held up awesome, and for the record, the locking tuners are brilliant and the floating trem holds up close to an OFR.

yay me.
HNGD. technically, it's Sterling content
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Nice guitar man! Are these Sterlings the same thing as the OLPs from back in the day? Because those OLPs were great lower end Music Mans for the money.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
The sterlings are kinda the same thing as the OLP's, yeah. this is an excellent guitar as i mentioned apart from the stock pickups, but it suits super distortion and air norton pickups excellently.
Very nice! HNGD!

Have you compared it to an EBMM JP6?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Yeah. It's definitely got the same feel to it, but there's no denying that the JP6 is a better guitar. but what do you expect for more than thrice the money :p
OLP > Sterling

and not just by a little.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
OLP > Sterling

and not just by a little.

HNGD!

This is the only sterling i've played; but it's just as good as an OLP i tried a while back, but then again that was a pretty banged up one.

but I can imagine that it holds true, but the sterlings are definitely great.
Saying that OLP > Sterling is a little absent minded unless you have done your research.

Sterling is a higher line of instruments that the OLP ever were and are priced accordingly. The Sterling by MM took over primarily the Sub Utility line that was originally both featured guitars and basses. I've played that JP 50 as well as the SB34 and SB14 and would say they are incredibly close to the real thing, especially in the SB34 = EBMM Stingray equation.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Quote by oz_bassist
Saying that OLP > Sterling is a little absent minded unless you have done your research.

Sterling is a higher line of instruments that the OLP ever were and are priced accordingly. The Sterling by MM took over primarily the Sub Utility line that was originally both featured guitars and basses. I've played that JP 50 as well as the SB34 and SB14 and would say they are incredibly close to the real thing, especially in the SB34 = EBMM Stingray equation.
So what don't you get about my having said OLP > Sterling then? I've had lots of seat time with both brands and OLP did make a better guitar. They weren't as pretty but they sure did play and sound a whole lot better.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...