Poll: Did you ever believe in The Stork?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you ever believe in The Stork?
Yes
3 3%
No
88 97%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
A post in one of those Santa Claus threads mentioned "the Stork" and it got me thinking about how my parents never told me anything like that when I was younger. I remember being really little and asking where babies came from and they just said "Mommy's tummy" and I was like "k". I mean, I had heard about the stork from TV and stuff, but I was just like "That's retarded, who the **** would believe that shit?" So, have you at any point believed in The Stork?
No. I thought babies were just... made. Magically, almost. If two people were in love, it just arrived.
Then I learned about sex in grade 4 but not what purpose it served.
Then I learned in grade 5...
That's the day I stopped wanting to become a magician. =[
I was never a stranger to the ways of the woman. So no.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
same as you there bro. my parents never told me any of that crap. my dad always told me santa was bullsh!t too. only my grandparents tried to make me believe anything.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Nope. My parents just said what your parents said. However, I never got "the talk" from them. I guess they figured I'd figure it out by myself. Which I did.
Quote by Holy Katana
Nope. My parents just said what your parents said. However, I never got "the talk" from them. I guess they figured I'd figure it out by myself. Which I did.

Samesies.
Quote by lzcougarz3
I thought they came from lots of kissing.

That's what I used to think sex was. Naked kissing.
Quote by lzcougarz3
I thought they came from lots of kissing.
This.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Holy Katana

I never got "the talk" either. When I asked my dad, he gave me one of his old Playboys to look through, then asked if I had any questions. Which I did. I asked if he had any more magazines
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
my parents never did that. they actually never talked to me about sex or anything sex related.
Quote by codyadamscea

I didn't know anyone actually believed in the stork.

LOVE the pic
And same.
I always thought babies came from the ass until I was like, 17. Would explain why I got slapped after I tried sticking my dick up a girls behind. Well, that or the ten pints of Stella blurring my vision.
My parents never talked to me about anything sexrelated.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My parents never told me about the stork. I don't even know what you're talking about.

But I learned about sex in my 2nd grade class, because we fancied drawing penises everywhere, so they thought we ought to know.

Now we just draw more penises.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by Kensai
Same. I turned out alright.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Kensai

Same. My mother gave me a pack of condoms when I was 15 and my Dad told me "any holes a goal". I still hold him to this five years later.
Quote by crackerpleaz
A post in one of those Santa Claus threads mentioned "the Stork" and it got me thinking about how my parents never told me anything like that when I was younger. I remember being really little and asking where babies came from and they just said "Mommy's tummy" and I was like "k". I mean, I had heard about the stork from TV and stuff, but I was just like "That's retarded, who the **** would believe that shit?" So, have you at any point believed in The Stork?

same here. they said stork a couple times, but sarcasticly and I know they were joking.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Wow at the poll results. I didn't think I'd ever see this day. Of course, it'll all be ruined in a minute when some asshole reads this post.
Quote by Holy Katana
Wow at the poll results. I didn't think I'd ever see this day. Of course, it'll all be ruined in a minute when some asshole reads this post.

Utah's Token Black Guy
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I will show my kids this one day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbLZMY1ukcQ
Best way to talk to them about sex. Period.

Kids, remember that if you ever get involved with that dreaded "whoopee", always bring your condom boots. It'll be your aid in your battle against AIDS by granting you the ability of flight. Now go out there and make Mario proud. Máma mia!
I didn't really think about it 'til I was a little bit older than the stork years. Though the fact that my Mum became pregnant when I was 4 would have made it a bit difficult to buy into if my parents had tried to tell me that. I just knew it involved women getting fat, then they went to hospital, then there was a baby. I didn't really try and connect the dots until I was told in year 5.

Though I also used to think that sex was just naked kissing ... that somehow involved lions ... I still get turned on by the lion king.
Last edited by aaciseric at Dec 14, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
It was codyadamscea, I'm pretty sure.

Yes, I'm sorry I just couldn't resist.
Utah's Token Black Guy
I dont think i thought about it until i learnt the truth.. or maybe i just cant remember my theories
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Dec 14, 2009,
i did sex ed when i was like 10 every year until i was 14. then tried it myself.

now im a pro. my parents never bothered telling me, they let the school do it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by aaciseric
I didn't really think about it 'til I was a little bit older than the stork years. Though the fact that my Mum became pregnant when I was 4 would have made it a bit difficult to buy into if my parents had tried to tell me that. I just knew it involved women getting fat, then they went to hospital, then there was a baby. I didn't really try and connect the dots until I was told in year 5.

Though I also used to think that sex was just naked kissing ... that somehow involved lion ... I still get turned on by the lion king.

Page 1 of 2