odd description but hey. I'm looking for play a song that has a slow solid groove, and has a nice creeping/slithering/dirty, an example would be a song along the lines of Would by Alice in Chains. Any idears?
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
As soon as I read the title I thought "Would?"

Then I read your damn OP. Gahhhhhhhhh!

Rotten Apples has a pretty good slow groove, as does the intro to Slither by Velvet Revolver.Old by Machine Head starts off with a really dirty bass groove, and Days Turn Blue to Grey.
Comedown by Bush (x?)
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Parts of "Suicide and Redemption" by Metallica, if it's the style I'm thinking. Intro is very similar to "Would?"
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by thegiaco2112
Outlaw Torn by Metallica

this. I love this
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
as out of style as it seems, the opening bass for I will Possess Your Heart by Death Cab For Cutie has a little crawl and a lot of creep to it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
as out of style as it seems, the opening bass for I will Possess Your Heart by Death Cab For Cutie has a little crawl and a lot of creep to it.

Seconded.

I really love the aforementioned bassline. It is quite simple, but sounds great and really is a wonderful backbone to the song.
Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls. I think the intro could be called "crawling"...
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal