So I recently purchased a Acoustic B200 head (merry christmas to me) and I was going to wait till after christmas and grab a 1x15 or 2x12 cab of some sort, but I had the idea of dismantling my TKO115 and using the 15in speaker from that, its rated at 200w(i think, I'm going to have to look into this) it's old and I bought it for $10 at a yard sale so I have no problem taking it apart. My question is, if the ohmage matches up would I be able to use it with the 200w head? or should I go for a cab with a speaker rated over 200w to get the full power out of it?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Last edited by BamaBlues at Dec 14, 2009,
Well the B200 head is solid state and at some point on your volume/gainknob you are going to get into some nasty clipping and distortion/od if you match it with speakers over 200w. The amp will be weak in comparison and you will have to push it pretty hard to get it to try and keep up.

to answer your question, yes all you have to do is make sure that the ohmage is compatible, and there was a combo take a part guide on gb/c for a while.
xbox live gamertag: phillips215